City's Spine

I'm surprised people keep talking like this tbh.

When was the last time one of the worlds biggest clubs came and took one of our best players???
For me it was SWP going to Chelsea in 2005.
The only other ones that I can think of are Robinho & Boateng who were not that great anyway!
Whilst I get your point, were not a selling club, some players dream of playing for RM or Barca, and who can blame them, if they want we have to let them go, as far as I know those 2 clubs havent been in for any of our lads so far but things could change. We have to respect that. I actually think Loserpool are being twatish not letting Coutinho go, let the lad go, scouse are gonna win fuck all with or without him.

Ederson
Stones
De Bruyne
Bernardo
Jesus

Robinho and Boateng weren't really our best players at the time, personally I'd say Tevez.

That's my point exactly.
You always hear stories saying Madrid/Barca want our best players, but none have ever gone there.
Premier league is the best league to play in full stop.
Madrid/Barca have so much power in Spain that the only real attraction La Liga offers is the weather.
Tevez best days were behind him when we sold him, so I'm still going for SWP.

Whilst I get your point, were not a selling club, some players dream of playing for RM or Barca, and who can blame them, if they want we have to let them go, as far as I know those 2 clubs havent been in for any of our lads so far but things could change. We have to respect that. I actually think Loserpool are being twatish not letting Coutinho go, let the lad go, scouse are gonna win fuck all with or without him.

More of their players come to us then the other way round. In fact you could almost call them our feeder clubs along with Arsenal ;))

some players dream of playing for RM or Barca, and who can blame them, if they want we have to let them go, as far as I know those 2 clubs havent been in for any of our lads so far but things could change. We have to respect that. I actually think Loserpool are being twatish not letting Coutinho go, let the lad go, scouse are gonna win fuck all with or without him.

Barcelona wanted Aguero the summer they bought Suarez. He was their #1 choice but they were told in no uncertain terms that he was not for sale.

That was never in the papers, never reported, we only know because Barca's sporting director revealed it a while back.

Those teams do approach us, but we shut it down before it becomes a thing.

As long as we continue to pay our players top dollar, and give them the chance to win big trophies, they won't leave. Those 2 things are the cause of 99.9% of transfers when the selling club doesn't want to sell, and it's not an issue for us.

Barcelona wanted Aguero the summer they bought Suarez. He was their #1 choice but they were told in no uncertain terms that he was not for sale.

That was never in the papers, never reported, we only know because Barca's sporting director revealed it a while back.

Those teams do approach us, but we shut it down before it becomes a thing.

As long as we continue to pay our players top dollar, and give them the chance to win big trophies, they won't leave. Those 2 things are the cause of 99.9% of transfers when the selling club doesn't want to sell, and it's not an issue for us.
OK then...

I tend to agree with this. The PL has by far the highest financial turnover of any league in world football, but more crucially, we presently have more elite managers than any other league.

Take City for instance. We have Pep Guardiola, but when we play the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, ManUre & even the like of Everton, the managerial battles are as intriguing as the battles on the pitch.

Outside of local spats, the only 2 teams who get top billing in Spain are Real & Barca. Athletico Madrid only come into that top billing category when they play one of those two.

Any manager or player who truly wants to test himself should look no further than the Premier League. As for Jesus, he's a 20 year old, self confessed Mummy's boy, but also a very level headed Mummy's boy, who appreciates the opportunity being afforded to him here.

Fernandinho, Ederson, Danilo & Bernardo Silva all speak the same language as Jesus & there's also Firmino & Coutinho down the M62 in Liverpool if he fancies a night out at Bem Brasil.

I honestly believe if we can help him fulfil his domestic, European & International footballing dreams, a little bit of drizzle is neither here nor there. Tevez complained about the weather at City, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Turin has a higher average annual rainfall count than Manchester.

City being in the Premier League, especially with Guardiola in charge are a major draw, make no mistake about that.

Manchester City's Pep Guardiola has taken Total Football to levels never seen before, says ex-Italy boss Arrigo Sacchi

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-pep-guardiola-taken-11315182

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.