CL stand closures v BMG and Celtic

Guessing.

City are going to stick MB and the Celtic fans in there. Give them 6000 tickets. Keep them all together at one end of the Ground. Easier to Police, before, during, and after the match. They will be kept in for at least 30 minutes, or possibly longer for the Celtic fans. MB had 100's of fans in our end. 25 were stood on the SS concourse at half-time. Got loads of abuse and were moved quickly into tbe away end. City will have all the lower and middle tiers, as well as the other 3 upper tiers. Makes absolute sense for a safety, trouble free, and sticking tbe away fans in the God's, sense. Good move by City.

If it stops me being sat amongst over 2oo Gladbach fans in 93;20 then I'm all for it

So pissed off with this. I was one of thousands of loyal fans who relocated to the 3rd tier of the South Stand in our "newly expanded Etihad Stadium" and signed up for cup schemes.
For my loyalty now, I am turfed out to sit/stand in a shity low level seat because either we want to give the opposition an advantage, because we are incapable as a club of marketing tickets for the biggest club completion in the world or because our fan base is a total myth and we shouldn't have bothered expanding the stadium.
One of the reasons I relocated from the middle tier was because I was getting turfed out of my seat there so a UEFA flags waving kid and his parent could be accomodated.
Really fucked off with the type of people/so called fans I'm seeing every week now at games and the Bollox of people arriving late, thinking more about a half time drink and bolting for the exit gates with 10 minutes to go despite the score.
When I hear people taking the piss about the empty seats there really is no defence. I watch other games in the prem and simply do not see this issue.
As a club we are getting so much right but maybe we are getting the most important thing wrong.

Stop moaning ffs. You've been asked to move seat for two games, it's hardly the end of the world is it. get over it or even better stay at home so no one else has to put up with your whinging. and yes I am in SS3 so will also have to move as well.

the borussia game is 15 quid ? you can't blame tourists or the price if its shit noise wise. the majority of people stood in the corner or the south stand aren't tourists yet its still quiet as anything ...... why dont you move to the singing sections and get singing.
That's a new low price from this season so we'll see if anything changes but lots and lots of our fans spoke about being fed up with the CL and not bothering with it a while ago (citing they could do without the cost as well). I imagine this is why CL games have been difficult to sell recently. I do sing but don't necessarily want to be in SS as prefer a better view of both goals.

Stop moaning ffs. You've been asked to move seat for two games, it's hardly the end of the world is it. get over it or even better stay at home so no one else has to put up with your whinging. and yes I am in SS3 so will also have to move as well.
As long as your happy been told what to do

Just had email below from City.Seriously,wtf has happened to our support over the last few years.

We want to ensure that our supporters have the best possible matchday experience, in a safe and enjoyable environment, and to help us achieve this, we will be closing level 3 of the South Stand for the Celtic and Borussia Monchengladbach fixtures, however this will remain open for the Barcelona fixture

If our new fanbase cant be arsed give the stand to Celtic and BMG,they have good support so should sell it out no problem.
Lower ticket prices = sell out every game.....not rocket science is it? We might be owned by a multi billionaire but my wages haven't gone up by 100% since 2008 but by fuckin season ticket price has!

Terrible move to give them level 3. That's around 6000 tickets. Will be like a home game for them and can only help them on the pitch. Will Celtic be giving us more seats than usual? I doubt it.

It's the last group stage game. The group places could be all over by then.

1 possible scenario. This could be at best a possible piss up for Celtic fans and nothing more.

If this was the first group match at home against Celtic, it would be a totally different game and matter.

Think we'll be 2nd and through by the time we play Celtic at home. :-)

The point that most are missing on here is that both Celtic and Borussia will have 6,000 fans in the stadium REGARDLESS. We can either accommodate them properly so they are segregated OR we can let the mingle with our home fans (which anyone who was in 114/115 last season against Borussia will know is a bad idea).

If it was down to me I'd say give them SSL3 and part of CBL3 (if the demand is there). We won't fill it, it keeps them out the way and the club will make more money from ticket sales.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.