Could Liverpool still finish 4th??? Seriously!

speccybob 8 said:
First set of fixtures you have City beating spuds. Second set you have spuds beating us but haven't put the points on. Spurs would finish 4th with these on 66 pts

What do you mean? Couldn't we win AND lose that one?

Doh! Back to weeding the garden for me then.

Liverpool can still achieve a total of 64 points .....

so OF COURSE they can still finish 4th !

However as games are running out , and we are currently seven points in front of them , with an extra game in hand , it ISN'T very likely that they will !

If Liverpool win all of their remaining games, they will finish 5th. They'll deserve too as well having won 6 of their final 7 games and drawing away at Arsenal in the other one, however, the first word of this post is a MASSIVELY important one!

If Liverpool finish above Spurs from the position they are in then I think it's safe to say we will from the position we're in too!

Our goal difference is worth a point over both teams. IF Liverpool get 4th it would mean a collapse of both City and Spurs and that wont happen. I think people are getting a bit carried away with Liverpool. Yes they had a couple of nice wins at home but away from home they are strugling they need to invest huge sums into that squad and I just cant see the owners willing to pump another 50 plus million into them in back to back windows. Also for them they will be doing well to hold onto Reina and Kuyt who I think could well tempt some teams into buying them. As for Spurs v Liverpool well its still on they are 5 points behind them and have to play them at home if they win that game its 2 points in it. Spurs have the more harder run in and it wouldnt be a big shock if Liverpool pipped them. Daglish hooneymoon is great for them next season I will be interested to see how both Spurs and Liverpool get on. IF either team loose any of there major players it could well be a battle for them to get into the Europa not the champions league next season.

Its between us and Spuds
However can see Livrepool challenging for 4th next season.

Anyone else think Suarez would have been a good signing for us ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.