Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to him for getting the best deal he could,there isn't a single person on here who would refuse the PSG deal unless they supported City. Wasn't overly bothered about this deal,it was another short term fix. I'm sure the club have a very good alternative.

Would've liked him at City but he's gone the soft option. A lot of players don't want to test themselves against the physicality of the premier league and we need younger players that do want to. Alves has earned his retirement though and that's what PSG is.

People are slating him for this but he's been offered apparently double the money, to a team who are seemingly at a similar level to us.... i love manchester but is it seems commonly accepted that Paris would be a great city to live in with the money, the french league isnt as strong as the prem but other than that, people are being slightly arrogant i feel...

he had accepted an offer, a similar teams come in and offers to double his money, we have no devine right to players and until he signed with city, had no devine right right to come play for pep even if he verbally agreed...

its a kick in the balls but understandable from his point of view.

now we move on to other targets and hopefully knock him out the champs league next season..

In the end, had to be about the money & his contingent of Brasilian friends at PSG, T.Silva in particular

Still a bit surprised considering how he has portrayed himself for years now but I also know this sort of financial security has been important to him since his divorce - guess Txiki et al couldn't really match wages considering the heads it would turn within the squad. This, more than the league & owners, is the big difference between the clubs

Yes but a back up right back will likely cost more than double that in the long run given he was a free and the state of the market.

He's 34 and at best he has probably 2/3 years left max, So on that basis I definitely wouldn't be happy to pay more money to Alves than some of the clubs top earners !

Good player, but if he wants to go and play in France for more money, he's not the right player for us.

£230k a week for a second choice 34 year old right back would have been ridiculous.

So Alves is a cnut, it's hardly earth-shattering news. I suppose we have to move on, hopefully we'll get someone young and talented who hits the ground and in a year we'll be wondering why we were ever in for a 34-year-old Brazilian.

I knew the first photo was a fake .......

DEdi23nXcAIrhEq.jpg
DEdi23YWsAASklx.jpg

Let's put a bit of perspective on this. It's a 34 year old RB who was being brought in to play second fiddle to Walker. Sure, he'd have played games for us but he was always going to be a back up and a short term solution. Is it a loss? Of course, mostly due him being completely free, knowing what Pep needs and generally because it's another proven winner in the dressing win.

But, focus on the key aspect, he was not our first choice option, never has been, Walker is what Pep wants for this role.

It's not like the obvious first team players who have rejected Uniteds apparent advances (Griezeman, Ronaldo, James R, B. Silva etc) or Chelsea missing out on Lukaku.

Chin up, Txiki will fix it and come the opening day of the season I'm sure we will look back and laugh at how much flapping went on over a 34 year old back up RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.