David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leroy Sane, who's already scored in more big games than Silva has in the last few years.

I think I would play Yaya instead of Silva IF we had some CMs available to play sitting role, he's more of a threat than Silva who always looks technically great but the end product isn't there most of the time

Silva was the best player on the pitch until they scored. Then he, along with the rest of the weak minded, no backbone fuckers all did their Houdini acts.

I agree, he was the best player along with De Bruyne in the first half.
Where I disagree, for me he was the only one who didn't hide in the second half. He was the only player getting on the ball. He must have been fouled 15 times yesterday, he was coming deeper and deeper. In the end he was doing YaYa's job.

It wasn't his most decisive performance, but he really did try.

I agree, he was the best player along with De Bruyne in the first half.
Where I disagree, for me he was the only one who didn't hide in the second half. He was the only player getting on the ball. He must have been fouled 15 times yesterday, he was coming deeper and deeper. In the end he was doing YaYa's job.

It wasn't his most decisive performance, but he really did try.
Agree. As usual got zero protection from the officials. He must have been hacked 5 or 6 times with no cards shown. He commits a single foul and is booked. Says it all. Dave is certainly not our biggest problem.

Silva had a shooting phobia, he has the courage to receive the ball under pressure, keeps it and pass it forward but he rarely show the desire to take a shot and score.

IF you look at his Spg ( Shot Per Game ) ratio, it is 1.2 which is low for an attacking midfielder.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167

Silva was invisible in the second half against Everton. He utterly bossed the game against West Ham (and don't say it's only West Ham, please: that was a record – I'll say it again record – home defeat in West Ham's long history in the FA Cup). Saying that Silva is finished is a joke. Like everyone else in that team, with the possible exception of KDB, he needs a good kick up the backside for Goodison, and I'm sure he'll get it. He's not a particularly good finisher, but I've said it before, if Sergio's in the box he always looks for him, even when he himself is in a better position, often in the box and with clear daylight between himself and the net. And yes, that is a weakness of judgement, but I'm not sure how you correct it. And then, I suppose that David Silva has noticed, like the rest of us over the past five years, that Sergio does have this habit of scoring if you give it to him, although he hasn't been doing so much of it lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.