David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's got a future in our team if we get every other position right. Barcelona could accommodate Xavi and Iniesta until their mid 30s, and Silva has been at that level before. The problem with David is, as his ability and pace has naturally declined, so has the quality of the team around him. Barcelona had everything right, and nearly still do. Therefore Iniesta (one of the worlds best might I add in his day) still functions as an influential cog.

Had Iniesta come to our gaffe right now, he'd be made to look like a journeyman at times.

Silva needs to improve on some of his performances however and if we can't get the team balanced and hungry then I'm afraid Silva will have to feature less and less.

I think he's got a future in our team if we get every other position right. Barcelona could accommodate Xavi and Iniesta until their mid 30s, and Silva has been at that level before. The problem with David is, as his ability and pace has naturally declined, so has the quality of the team around him. Barcelona had everything right, and nearly still do. Therefore Iniesta (one of the worlds best might I add in his day) still functions as an influential cog.

Had Iniesta come to our gaffe right now, he'd be made to look like a journeyman at times.

Silva needs to improve on some of his performances however and if we can't get the team balanced and hungry then I'm afraid Silva will have to feature less and less.

I never found that he had a lot of pace, to be honest. As his for his ability and vision of the game, well, it's off and on more than it used to be, there's no denying it, but it's still there. With the players Pep's got coming in, and will have coming in, I think Silva could have a wonderful indian summer of two more years or so at our place. Don't ask him to run all over the place, just ask him to pick out the man in the danger zone.

IIRC, before Yaya and Gundogan came in, David was sitting deeper in midfield alongside Ferna, with KDB ahead of him, Nolito and Sterling either side - he was playing well then and having much more of an influence. But then Pep changed everything.

IIRC, before Yaya and Gundogan came in, David was sitting deeper in midfield alongside Ferna, with KDB ahead of him, Nolito and Sterling either side - he was playing well then and having much more of an influence. But then Pep changed everything.

This is the one change I really don't understand. We were playing so well with everyone in their favoured positions.
De Bruyne and Silva looked unplayable. Nolito was energetic and hard working, Sterling had everyone even the dipper infested media praising him.
Aguero had scored about 10 goals in two months.
We even looked ok at the back.

Then, a huge change to accommodate players. Now we are regularly seeing a formation with key players not in position.

The midfield trio of Fernandinho, Silva & De Bruyne were defending well, attacking with fluency and counter attacking with devastating effect.

Silva had been fantastic in the deeper role.

The thing with Silva, he needs movement to be influential. He needs runners breaking through the lines, running in behind.

Even when we're shit he's our bravest player, gets on the ball and tries to make things tick.

This is the one change I really don't understand. We were playing so well with everyone in their favoured positions.
De Bruyne and Silva looked unplayable. Nolito was energetic and hard working, Sterling had everyone even the dipper infested media praising him.

Then, a huge change to accommodate players. Now we are regularly seeing a formation with key players not in position.

The midfield trio of Fernandinho, Silva & De Bruyne were defending well, attacking with fluency and counter attacking with devastating effect.

The thing with Silva, he needs movement to be influential. He needs runners breaking through the lines, running in behind.

Even when we're shit he's our bravest player, gets on the ball and tries to make things tick.
Good post. Its the movement we are lacking just now. Kun is not making the runs and we aren't making runs from midfield behind the defence. Silva is at his best exploiting movement from others.

I never found that he had a lot of pace, to be honest. As his for his ability and vision of the game, well, it's off and on more than it used to be, there's no denying it, but it's still there. With the players Pep's got coming in, and will have coming in, I think Silva could have a wonderful indian summer of two more years or so at our place. Don't ask him to run all over the place, just ask him to pick out the man in the danger zone.
Yep, he never had pace, so it's surprising anyone would bring it up. Same as someone saying that Yaya was lazy last season, and didn't track back - yeah right, and before that he was a box to box midfielder.....

Totally agree with this.......never really looked the same team shoe since shoe horning Gundogan in the team.
Even at Everton he was one of the few players trying to make things happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.