De Bruyne?

We're finally relieving the pressure on Silva and adding options. We've been far too reliant on him. Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling can create tons of chances but are quite different players. The variety we will have is incredible. We can play our 'lockpicking' style of passing through tight spaces, we can play a mobile counter attacking style (Sterling + De Bruyne would be lethal and this might be good in Europe), or with De Bruyne we can even pack the box because he has some of the best delivery around.

We'll definitely be carrying too many attacking mids though, I could possibly see a surprise sale - more likely Navas than Nasri I'd guess? Lopes would benefit from one more year on loan. As good as he looks, weekly football will be better long-term for him and us. There seem to be more chances for Kelechi and Denayer to play this year.

I have absolutely no doubt we will line up 4-5-1 in some games

The diagram posted earlier. That's it. That formation is a 4-3-3, and a 4-5-1.

We have to be disciplined enough to attack as a 4/5 with the ball, and defend without it.

I could be totally wrong. Well and truly. The more I look at it the more I think that team will be fucking lethal on the break and less about possession.

We're finally relieving the pressure on Silva and adding options. We've been far too reliant on him. Silva, De Bruyne and Sterling can create tons of chances but are quite different players. The variety we will have is incredible. We can play our 'lockpicking' style of passing through tight spaces, we can play a mobile counter attacking style (Sterling + De Bruyne would be lethal and this might be good in Europe), or with De Bruyne we can even pack the box because he has some of the best delivery around.

We'll definitely be carrying too many attacking mids though, I could possibly see a surprise sale - more likely Navas than Nasri I'd guess? Lopes would benefit from one more year on loan. As good as he looks, weekly football will be better long-term for him and us. There seem to be more chances for Kelechi and Denayer to play this year.

my guess would be navas as well...nasri would have to take a back seat though so the possibility is that both go?

Nasri the new Milner? Can play CM, RW, LW, false 9. He certainly won't be happy with it but might work out that way. Hard to see one position he can make his own, unless pogba falls through

Sure there were rumours of Navas to Seville not long ago

4-5-1 and 4-3-3 can be very easily interchangeable, as long as the wider players have the work ethic, and the ability, to work up and down the pitch.

They are the same formation for all intents and purposes, People are acting like there's a real difference between playing silva in a midfield 3 and playing him as one of the 3 behind the striker in a 4231.

The only difference is in players. If you stick a 3 genuine CM's in the 3, like (delph, Fernandinho, yaya) you'll get a 4-3-3. If you put Silva in the it's a 4231.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.