Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Obscene'

We have only breached 50m on an individual signing once in the past 4 years and that was Ben White. Ever since the Pepe failure we havent gone big on a solitary signing.

How can it be obscene when a 100m signing has been done by both yourselves and Chelsea?
Obscene might be the wrong word, you're right. What you've won compared to what you've spent in the last 5 years (1 fa cup?) perhaps not the best return. Not that I care about this shit - all the top clubs have money (Its just the ones that pretend they don't wind me up!). And at least better than united!

'Obscene'

We have only breached 50m on an individual signing once in the past 4 years and that was Ben White. Ever since the Pepe failure we havent gone big on a solitary signing.

How can it be obscene when a 100m signing has been done by both yourselves and Chelsea?

Rice for 100m at 24 for me is a bargain and injury wise he never gets injured plays every game too. Think Arsenal will be up there again next season just because they have that team togetherness and at board level too all pulling in one direction! Liverpool Arsenal and Us will be definitely top four next season Newcastle rags chelsea be fighting that 4th spot

'Obscene'

Christ. This guy again with his ironic username.

Guaranteed Arteta will be buying Declan Rice to use him in our Johnny Stones role. No doubt about it.
My suspicion is we want Rice to replace Xhaka, and want Caceido to replace Partey long term.

We were after Rice before Pep even switched to using the new John Stones role.

Can’t lie, I think he’s a fantastic signing for them and will suit their style of play to a tee.

Wish we’d have been in for him but £100m is a bit steep as well.

Excited to see who we’re lining up this Summer in CM as well as Kovatic (who will surprise people!).

'Obscene'

You are third behind Chelsea and United in the net spend league over the last 5 seasons to be fair. A good £260 million ahead of us. Before Arteta came along you spunked a lot of money on the likes of Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette et al.

You are third behind Chelsea and United in the net spend league over the last 5 seasons to be fair. A good £260 million ahead of us. Before Arteta came along you spunked a lot of money on the likes of Ozil, Aubameyang, Lacazette et al.

yeah but dont let facts get in the way mate ;-)

'Obscene'

Danger is that when you spend big money on one player, you automatically shift the numbers up for those other players you need. I might be wrong, but when we splashed the money on certain individuals (Mahrez and Grealish come to mind), we didn't do that much other business in those windows. Of course, it could be that Arsenal are playing the longer game and are going to assemble their squad over more windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.