Deliberately knocked off my pushbike by angry motorist

BTW,

You don't need (nor should look for) dedicated accident firms. A good, competant solicitor will act in your best interests and will not be looking to manage any risk of the case winning/failing.
Agree the sums beforehand and you will be fine.
You can't agree a fixed fee, normally. It'll probably be a tariff and costs can get out of hand, very quickly. £10 a letter, £5 a phone call etc.

There are lots of poor accident claims companies out there, I agree, but also some decent ones with lots of experience. Also they're very much controlled by government rules these days. Don't discount them out of hand, a lot are experts in this area.

I worked briefly in the legal industry around accident claims and saw a little of what goes on. I'm not an expert, though.

Hope you're well soon mate, sounds a right dickhead compounded by staying until the cops arrived.

How's your lady these days? Mines had a full all clear from her condition.
Sadly SWMBO might need a course of chemo... we’ll know for sure this week but that’s ironically one of the positives here.. she was an NHS nurse for years and has a patient for the next few weeks to take her mind off things... strange to call it a positive but with Cancer you’ll take anything won’t you..

Sadly SWMBO might need a course of chemo... we’ll know for sure this week but that’s ironically one of the positives here.. she was an NHS nurse for years and has a patient for the next few weeks to take her mind off things... strange to call it a positive but with Cancer you’ll take anything won’t you..
Bugger, hope all turns out ok...if you need to talk etc pm me.

i’ll take the abuse from bike haters in return for a little advice..

I was knocked off my bike on Friday by a driver who accused me of undertaking him.. I was in the left lane of a two lane roundabout both going straight on and he ended up behind me...

He came alongside me and put both windows down to bark abuse and narrowed the gap to the point that he hit me and pushed me into the kerb which broke my wheel and I fell off.. I took the brunt of the force on my shoulder and broke my collar bone in 3 places (now plated following surgery) I also have a complex fracture on my opposite hand that they couldnt fix as they said that hand surgery can often exacerbate problems.

How did he end up behind you? Does that mean that he was initially in front of you and you undertook him on the roundabout?

If motorists are a threat to cyclists what about cyclists to pedestrians. Like going through red lights, travelling on pavements, canal towpaths and through parks and walkways at 30 mph plus. They can be an absolute pain in the arse the Lycra mob.

How did he end up behind you? Does that mean that he was initially in front of you and you undertook him on the roundabout?
The two lanes go over the roundabout, neither are marked for turns .. the guy was behind another car.. once we had rounded the island I was behind the first car and exited the roundabout in front of him so you could argue that I undertook him but I didn’t once move lane or race to “beat him to the exit” .. to undertake you have to make a conscious effort to change direction and I simply stayed in my lane which was moving quicker than his so I took the roundabout as I have done many times before.. the guy could have simply given me space and passed me on my right.. he chose to invade my safe space and cause the collision..

Plod can decide but even if I had intentionally undertaken him (I didn’t) he had free passage on his way.. he chose conflict and I guess we’ll both suffer in different ways because of his choice..

To answer some other questions .. no camera sadly and no lights though I always wear high-vis, my shoes and bike are white.. and I always ride in broad daylight (it was around 12 noon and clear / dry)

I'm not keen on cyclists,they're usually self important tossers,however,using your car as a means to cause injury is definitely pushing the boundaries of acceptability.

Glad youre ok,OP ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.