Diving bans approved

So your against a retrospective panel who can carefully decide the outcome but your in favour of a panel to make a very quick decision and if not let the Ref who wasn't sure decide ?
As I said if it's that hard call with a video replay... you give them the benefit of the doubt it's that simple, how long does it take to decide there's not enough in it to be sure? You will just be going over it and over and still not be sure, it doesn't take that long.

So your against a retrospective panel who can carefully decide the outcome but your in favour of a panel to make a very quick decision and if not let the Ref who wasn't sure decide ?
I can decide in seconds when i am watching a game on tv,a panel wouldn't be needed for video reffing,one extra ref looking at the decisions is all you need,players will think twice about doing it at the time and leaving their team with 10 men,that is the way to sort it and make sure the game ends fairly

I get the mistrust. But surely it's a step in the right direction - if you get a 3 match ban for diving why would you as a player take that risk ? It's a very good punishment. A yellow or a 10 min sin bin as Sam suggested isn't. Plus the fact some decisions take time to come to a conclusion, if a video ref only has one or two angles this will delay the game - we've seen how pundits have argued whether it was a dive or not, yes like anything in sport there will be mistakes and uproar - but a retrospective ban is something I've called for a long time.

Because the 'reward' is still there

Well surely a retrospective panel would see the player has jumped out the way to avoid heavy collision and so will decide no necessary action.

How about people complain at the actual cheating diving c*nts that have forced the FAs hand ? ... they are going to give bans to these players at long last and we're moaning
Oh like Sky did with Aguero's retrospective ban for a non connecting elbow? Then they kept shtum/quickly moved on for Ibra and co? Regardless of Sky trying not to make a deal of it that Ibra incident got looked at by a panel but they decided no action was necessary? How the fuck does he get nothing and Aguero gets a 3 game ban?? One drew blood the other didn't connect and wasn't even looking at the player.

As you say a retrospective panel would see it(or pretend not to and have nobody to answer to) as would a video referee only we get to see that too and have it explained rather than taking this panel's word.

As a West Ham fan you should be even more wary of this panel than us, we know the old Sky 4 will get favoured, if there is room for bias it will be there and the lower down the pecking order a club is the more they will feel it.

Last edited:
I can decide in seconds when i am watching a game on tv,a panel wouldn't be needed for video reffing,one extra ref looking at the decisions is all you need,players will think twice about doing it at the time and leaving their team with 10 men,that is the way to sort it and make sure the game ends fairly

And everyone would be in favour of this one extra ref on a monitor making the decision ? Does a diving cheat still get a ban ?

It is bloody obvious how diving should be dealt with. The same way a penalty should be dealt with. Exactly the same as sending off a player, and, strangely enough, the same for giving a player a second yellow card. LOOK AT THE FUCKIN' INCIDENT AGAIN BEFORE A DECISION IS MADE! WhyTF the governing body cannot see this is beyond me, unless, of course, this stuff is rocket science and the FArce is awash with bean counters and not rocketeers!!

It is bloody obvious how diving should be dealt with. The same way a penalty should be dealt with. Exactly the same as sending off a player, and, strangely enough, the same for giving a player a second yellow card. LOOK AT THE FUCKIN' INCIDENT AGAIN BEFORE A DECISION IS MADE! WhyTF the governing body cannot see this is beyond me, unless, of course, this stuff is rocket science and the FArce is awash with bean counters and not rocketeers!!
Steady on old boy,think of your blood pressure lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.