Do we give up on players too easily

There's probably stuff we don't know about behind the scenes. Homesickness, requests to leave, attitudes, refusing to buy in. Nastiest looked great in his cameo under Pep. I would keep him if possible, he's a class act.

terrible for the first goal. doesnt need to do it and from what ive seen of him before he has a habit of doing it....needs to cut it out or we could have another train wreck of a goalkeeper on our hands......absolutely needless to be where he was....hope pep and the defenders gave him a bollocking
with fans like this, nah!

Mangala is very good defender, much like lescott was, just not comfortable with the ball at feet, definitely a top defender in there in my opinion
Guess the question is, do we spunk £30m+ on another ball playing CB & take a big loss on selling/loaning out Mangala; or have him as our 4th choice CB & hope he can do the job when called upon.

Guess it will be dependent a number of factors but seems many here would be happy enough to see him given that chance.

I was always quite fond of Nastasic...

I tend to take a shine to what others seem to regard as lame ducks. I liked Nastasic. He was as good as Stones has been, and in the rough and tumble of some bloody great heavyweight oppo CF none would knock The Mangler off the ball. We've had managers who allow certain players one mistake and bingo, they are consigned to the bin. I think Nasty never got over the criticism re that CFC Torres goal which was equally JH's doings as well, and if The Mangler is so wretched why did we spend so much on him. The money, scouting ensemble should be shown the door if we keep buying duds.

Guess the question is, do we spunk £30m+ on another ball playing CB & take a big loss on selling/loaning out Mangala; or have him as our 4th choice CB & hope he can do the job when called upon.

Guess it will be dependent a number of factors but seems many here would be happy enough to see him given that chance.

I like ball-playing CBs but most of them seem to put top defending against the strong and often 'rough-house' CFs down the list of priorities. CBs have to defend and if it doesn't fit the more enlightened school of football purists I'd still buy the player who stops the goals going in and clears his lines. One of the best defenders ever in the PL was John Terry- can't recall anyone call him 'ball-playing'

Errm prefer the defenders who help us win games without having to continually makes last ditch tackles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.