Do we overlook Match Fixing?

I find myself idly wondering what sort of betting patterns there were on tonight's West Brom-Chelsea game. A surprise result in the normal scheme of things and a red card and a penalty against chelsea. Then again maybe I'm just a cynic.

Malty said:
Anyone remember a few years ago when the results of the Champion's League draw was leaked just before on Twitter and it turned out exactly how the Twitter account said? the odds was apparently the same as predicting the lottery.. say no more.

You are aware that the lottery jackpot is won regularly by entrants successfully predicting the numbers are going to be. Its a longshot but can happen just like the draw could - and did - happen.

Malty said:
Anyone remember a few years ago when the results of the Champion's League draw was leaked just before on Twitter and it turned out exactly how the Twitter account said? the odds was apparently the same as predicting the lottery.. say no more.
Someone just tweeted all the possible fixtures and then deleted the necessary ones once the draw was made

Prestwich_Blue said:
You only have to look at some of Michael Oliver's performances to suspect that not only does it almost certainly exist but the authorities don't even bother trying to make it subtle.
I think he proved it when he reffedd the rags cup game with arsenal. He seem to have the freedom to do what he wanted in that game and he showed the rags up for the cunts they are whilst his PL performances have been more relaxed.

No chance that the players are, hey earn too much and have to much to lose. Could happen in league 2 or below but nothing higher than that.
Refs are the ones most likely to be match fixing higher up the leagues

It could only really happy with a goalkeeper or referee, and even then, they wouldn't have overall control.
There was a recent case in Germany, involving a penalty against Emille Mpenza, when the referee was later given a suspended prison sentence. If it could happen in Germany then I'm sure it could happen in England.

Otherwise there will always be strange incidents that make you wonder.

The one that still sticks in my mind is a 2-1 defeat at Brighton in 89., when Ian Brightwell conceded a late own goal, after a series of stupid mistakes earlier in the game.

117 M34 said:
No chance that the players are, hey earn too much and have to much to lose. Could happen in league 2 or below but nothing higher than that.
Refs are the ones most likely to be match fixing higher up the leagues

rubbish.
everton 3 wimbledon 2...just one example in a cliff hanger last day of the season relegation battle..pretty much the same thing that the swamps new hero herrera is facing back in Spain..the traditional last day of the season match fixing to keep a club in the top league
its well known in Spain, dont be so naive as to think its not over here too....wigan and bruce letting utd skip to the title a few years back..bruce now saying quite openly that " maybe utd owe me a favour".....then covers up his errror by suggesting because he got injured at old trafford the club owe him something.

I watched liverpool 2 arsenal 2 in the prem this season, such a strange match with a strange atmosphere..arsenal played as though they couldn,t care less, their forwards were recv the ball on the half way line and doing back flips /flick ons and giving the ball away repeatedly,,,then all of a sudden arsenal clicked into gear and tookthe lead...only for skirtel i think it was to score an AMAZING last second header to equalize...the drama of the premier ship ......

where did the five mins extra time come from at swansea on sunday...dont recall any injuries!! but the clamour for a last min equalizer was strong.

it was called" fergie time at old trafford"...i think its a little bit more widespread than that.

117 M34 said:
No chance that the players are, hey earn too much and have to much to lose.

You should never underestimate people's capacity for greed.

Many years ago I was involved in a fraud case involving a multi-millionaire stockbroker, who was a pillar of society, lived in a stately home and mixed with royalty.

Incredibly he ruined his life for the sake of a few thousand quid he fiddled which was little more than pin money to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.