Do you really believe the league is over...?

Yes - its done. Its just inconceivable a Pep team with that squad would stumble and fall from here - don't forget not only do we have to keep winning the rags do too.........I can't see them continuing to do so for starters.

a draw between then and chelski would have been good but chelski decided to just roll over !

Mourinho and Klopp won't think it's over, regardless of what they spout in public.

I am convinced we will win it but there is still a job to be done.

We could easily lose our next two fixtures and the gap on Monday night be down to ten points.

That's with visits to Everton and Spurs to come and teams fighting for their lives in Swansea, Brighton, Huddersfield and West Ham.

Throw in a Derby against that lot, and it does weird me out a little that so many are talking about coasting along and rotating players.

Win our next two and it can further underline our dominance over the rest.

As it is, I think United will drop points at Palace on Monday night.

Mourinho and Klopp won't think it's over, regardless of what they spout in public.

I am convinced we will win it but there is still a job to be done.

We could easily lose our next two fixtures and the gap on Monday night be down to ten points.

That's with visits to Everton and Spurs to come and teams fighting for their lives in Swansea, Brighton, Huddersfield and West Ham.

Throw in a Derby against that lot, and it does weird me out a little that so many are talking about coasting along and rotating players.

Win our next two and it can further underline our dominance over the rest.

As it is, I think United will drop points at Palace on Monday night.

I think there is a hell of a lot of complacency on here and that's dangerous. The irony is that those who are so confident will be the self same people that will go into a panic if the gap reduces to say 7 points with the rags and spurs (away) which is a different proposition.

People also forget the rag sycophants like Hodgson and Allardyce who will roll over for the rags but then get their players fired up like a cup final against us.

Was it any surprise that the rags scored in the last 15 minutes against the Chavs as tired legs started to tell after the midweek exertions against Barca - these are the (not so) subtle advantages that the rags are so often given.

Yes, we are a far better team than the rags, Yes, they shouldn't have a sniff from here on in, but the same was true in 2012 and we only won on goal difference in the last seconds of the season.

We win a trophy yesterday and on Twitter the premier league twitter handle is promoting the rags last league win under whisky Nose. This is what we are up against.

The main thing is it is all in our hands and 'if' we do the business in the next two games (say 4 points) then I really do believe it will be in the bag, but these next two are eminently losable and were that to happen then the momentum could start to shift and with the rags playing a day ahead of us in every fixture (up to the next lot of TV schedules) the pressure mounts as they potentially 'artificially' close the gap assuming they win.

If we were to lose the next two games and the rags win against Palace the scenario could play out (assuming we beat Stoke a and Brighton h) that the rags could be 7 ahead after their game at Swansea as we go into an away game at Allardyces Everton (a) then we play the rags, then we play Spurs whilst the rags play West Brom at home. You can see how that lead could quickly dissipate as a result of bad results against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Get over these two hurdles and I will be much more confident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.