Do you really believe the league is over...?

Mourinho and Klopp won't think it's over, regardless of what they spout in public.

I am convinced we will win it but there is still a job to be done.

We could easily lose our next two fixtures and the gap on Monday night be down to ten points.

That's with visits to Everton and Spurs to come and teams fighting for their lives in Swansea, Brighton, Huddersfield and West Ham.

Throw in a Derby against that lot, and it does weird me out a little that so many are talking about coasting along and rotating players.

Win our next two and it can further underline our dominance over the rest.

As it is, I think United will drop points at Palace on Monday night.

Your predictions are as bad as mine: I said WBA would stay up and Huddersfield would go down. There's a reason I won't make predictions about City.

I'll repeat what I said before the cup final; it's all about mental strength this week. That was definitely good in the second half yesterday and now it needs to continue into Thursday where Arsenal will surely not be as bad but will be driven by the need for revenge. We have to avoid emulating what we did when we went to Anfield, our other graveyard ground, after our last cup win.

The league is only over when we cannot mathematically be caught - that's a simple fact and one I'm sure Pep won't let anyone in his team forget.

The simple fact is we could lose to united, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and Everton and still effectively be above united is what hits home to me. We will not lose all 5 of them and united certainly will not win all their remaining games either

I think we need at least 1 win from the next 2.
Chelsea game will be hard so soon after Thursday assuming it goes ahead.
Just hope the apathy within Arsenal is still there on Thursday and we don't do what we did when we played Liverpool 2 years ago and get hammered.
Win these 2 or 4 points and definitely over.

CL will peg back the nearest challengers. Draws and loses are common with the chasing pack after mid week games where we've done much better and attained our lead during those periods. Time to start concentrating on the CL in April, derby is in between the quarter final legs.

If Liverpool and United draw and we beat Utd i would think we will get enough points from the rest of the games.Don't think Guardiola would let the team become complacent now.We would have to go on an amazing bad run to lose it now.

The simple fact is we could lose to united, arsenal, spurs, Chelsea and Everton and still effectively be above united is what hits home to me. We will not lose all 5 of them and united certainly will not win all their remaining games either

Not the case the lead is currently 13 points lose to United, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea & Everton and Utd win those corresponding games (which would automatically be the case if they beat us) that's 15 points. if all other games are equal then the rags would win the league - the thing is those 5 games are losable - even for a team with our talent and 4 of them are away from home.

Conversely the rags only have Arsenal at home and Liverpool at home and us away in the remaining fixtures.

Guaranteed we will also have a tough champs league game sandwiched in between the Everton and prior to the rags game - to give them the physical advantage.

Add in Stoke away which we traditionally haven't done great in and there's plenty of banana skins.

What I'm trying to say is we have put ourselves in a great position but it is far from over.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.