Don't really get the 'Merica hate...

You're not doing anything to ease the 'Merica hate here.
I can't see your thread changing anything.
I kinda think he is. When you look at your friends, how many of them are sound folk that have about nothing to with the extremes? This is how
I find americans...actually,to a point, that's not even true - in that the states has such a wide profile of people that you can't really define 'what is an american.'
Yes, the recent elections might have tried to do this but it's not so hard to look beyond this. But, shit, beyond the headlines, I have found most to be genuinely
decent folk - that actually give a fuck....

I kinda think he is. When you look at your friends, how many of them are sound folk that have about nothing to with the extremes? This is how
I find americans...actually,to a point, that's not even true - in that the states has such a wide profile of people that you can't really define 'what is an american.'
Yes, the recent elections might have tried to do this but it's not so hard to look beyond this. But, shit, beyond the headlines, I have found most to be genuinely
decent folk - that actually give a fuck....

This. The headlines are typically the extremes on both sides. The average ones just want to go to work, provide for their families, have a good time in their spare time, maybe a few beers. Can't see how that is sooooooo terribly different.

But what what do I know? I'm just a 40 hr/wk blue collar union member who loves my family, likes football and a few pints now and then. Doesn't sound anything like the average man in most 1st world countries.

You are correct. The videos online showing the police reacting to someone resisting look bad. Of course they look bad. Officers responding with force to gain compliance from a suspect won't look good. But I'll wager over 95% of the time, possible more, the police are within the guidelines of their department and the law.

Moreover, if you are watching videos on YouTube re: American police action often times these videos don't show the whole story/interaction. If you want to see the police really fucking people up look up Russian police videos.
While I would never want a realistic comparison to be with the Russian police, I think too many Americans think they can do whatever the fuck they want in front of the police without any consequences. They are wrong. Running at a policeman wearing a gun WILL elicit the policeman taking out the weapon, because he cannot afford to get into a fight with someone who a) may be bigger and stronger than him, and b) may get control of the weapon and kill him. Ferguson, MO anyone?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.