Dr Martens

how old were you with your first pair? black or brown, low riders or tall boys?
I was 12, brown with yellow laces, Rat fucking hard me

I just saw some in a store over the weekend, made in China bullshit! made me very sad as I grew up 7 miles from the original factory
i know i'm being a grammar wanker, i don't care.
could you be a good chap and sort the title out.
hydrus-12set.jpg

3170734-m.jpg

Tried the old, hot knife weld trick on a pair of mine. What a fuck up that was. Has there ever been a more misleading urban myth?

Actually, that is the traditional way to do it. Obviously not with a bent butter knife or after 4 cans of white lightning.
It's a quick way to do them, heat knife them off, heat knife new unit on. Takes a lot of skill to get it right.
Personally i use PA adhesive and a heat lamp. Works a treat.
The cutter used for trimming the edges is a monster, one slip and finger gone.

My first pair when I was 17 were black and 8 eyelet. Then I got into the cherry reds and they had to be 10.

I've actually still got the pair I wore about 1996, still plenty of wear left in 'em (if I could just get round to cleaning off the mud from the Stone Roses Heaton park gig)

Got mine when I was 12. They really were the most comfortable boots ever.

i know i'm being a grammar wanker, i don't care.
could you be a good chap and sort the title out.
hydrus-12set.jpg
That's an acceptable grammar call, I realised I'd fucked it up as soon as I posted it.

Anyway there's a great book full of glossy pics of bands, punks,, cops and anybody who wore them back in the day, just called Dr Martens Airwair

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.