Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by LoveCity, 27 Mar 2012.

1. LoveCity

LoveCity

A swap for Gotze would be wicked and we'd probably get money on top but I'm not convinced Lewandowski would be an upgrade. It's probably all made up bollocks but I'd do it and if Dortmund really wanted Dzeko I doubt Gotze's new 4-year contract would make much of a difference.

-

Dortmund targeting Dzeko as Man City run rule over Gotze
    By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 21:30, 27 March 2012 | UPDATED: 21:30, 27 March 2012

Edin Dzeko is a summer target for Borussia Dortmund following Manchester City's decision to sell the striker after only one-and-a-half seasons in English football.

Arsenal talisman Robin van Persie and Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain figure prominently on City's list of possible replacements for Dzeko.

But they have also been watching Dortmund's top scorer Robert Lewandowski and midfielder Mario Gotze, who signed a contract extension yesterday.

The pair could be used in a player-plus-cash deal for Dzeko, 26. Juventus and Madrid also have the Bosnia star on their list of targets.

2. Sam_B

Sam_B

electrician
    Dortmund are doing well so it would make sense for them to be looking at a high profile player, cant see Gotze being part of any deal, as it says hes just penned a new contract and is the poster boy for dortmund, maybe a more likely deal would be hummels + cash.
    Lewandowski is a good young player, debatable whether hes of the quality we want but good none the less, hes been keeping barrios on the bench lately i believe.

3. bmcity

bmcity

It's sad to put Dzeko and Lewandowski in the same sentence. Dzeko is a fucking Messi for him for God sake pls stop we cant bring whole Europe to City.

4. carlos tevez is a blue

carlos tevez is a blue

The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Tranaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

5. Mancio

Mancio

fotze market value is well over the dzeko one

6. MSP

MSP

Standing firm, sticking up for my beliefs and not
    Gotze signed new contract with Dortmund today. Til 2016.

7. Ruhr

Ruhr

Fotze? With that name you have a real problem in germany :)

8. Matt the Giant

Matt the Giant

Painter
    I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
    And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

9. Astuteboy

Astuteboy

Goodbye sunny M1, hello sunny SK9 suburbia
    Agree with this tbh! Lewandowski is a good player in good form but he wouldn't be an upgrade on Dzeko. Can't see it happening.

10. BIG DONKEY

BIG DONKEY

Made up story

Dortmund would never pay Dzeko's wages, plus Dzeko would never agree to move to there. Only club he would go to in Germany now is Bayern.