Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

LoveCity

A swap for Gotze would be wicked and we'd probably get money on top but I'm not convinced Lewandowski would be an upgrade. It's probably all made up bollocks but I'd do it and if Dortmund really wanted Dzeko I doubt Gotze's new 4-year contract would make much of a difference.

-

Dortmund targeting Dzeko as Man City run rule over Gotze
By Sportsmail Reporter
PUBLISHED: 21:30, 27 March 2012 | UPDATED: 21:30, 27 March 2012

Edin Dzeko is a summer target for Borussia Dortmund following Manchester City's decision to sell the striker after only one-and-a-half seasons in English football.

Arsenal talisman Robin van Persie and Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain figure prominently on City's list of possible replacements for Dzeko.

But they have also been watching Dortmund's top scorer Robert Lewandowski and midfielder Mario Gotze, who signed a contract extension yesterday.

The pair could be used in a player-plus-cash deal for Dzeko, 26. Juventus and Madrid also have the Bosnia star on their list of targets.

Dortmund are doing well so it would make sense for them to be looking at a high profile player, cant see Gotze being part of any deal, as it says hes just penned a new contract and is the poster boy for dortmund, maybe a more likely deal would be hummels + cash.
Lewandowski is a good young player, debatable whether hes of the quality we want but good none the less, hes been keeping barrios on the bench lately i believe.

It's sad to put Dzeko and Lewandowski in the same sentence. Dzeko is a fucking Messi for him for God sake pls stop we cant bring whole Europe to City.

Kun Aguero said:
The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Ronaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

bmcity said:
It's sad to put Dzeko and Lewandowski in the same sentence. Dzeko is a fucking Messi for him

Agree with this tbh! Lewandowski is a good player in good form but he wouldn't be an upgrade on Dzeko. Can't see it happening.

Made up story

Dortmund would never pay Dzeko's wages, plus Dzeko would never agree to move to there. Only club he would go to in Germany now is Bayern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.