Dzeko for Gotze or Lewandowski?

Matt the Giant said:
Kun Aguero said:
The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Ronaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

Come on now! Muniain? Dzeko has scored more goals this season than Muniain has scored his entirey adult career. Muniain is a nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is not a striker perse, nor does he score that many goals.

The only strikers I'd take over Dzeko are RVP and Rooney. I.e strikers with individual talents outside their scoring ability.

Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:
Kun Aguero said:
The Only centre forwards(if Messi and Ronaldo don't count) I would take instead of Dzeko are, Cavani, RVP and Benzema.

I would add Gonzalo Higuain, Guiseppe Rossi and Iker Muniain (who is as much a centre forward as Chrisitiano is) to that list.
And I know he's hated around here, but Luis Suarez would be ideal for our kind of system me thinks: a true poacher, quick and very technically gifted.

Oh and I wouldn't put RVP on that list as I doubt he will ever again have a season like this one, especially in team not playing up to his advantages.

Come on now! Muniain? Dzeko has scored more goals this season than Muniain has scored his entirey adult career. Muniain is a nice prospect, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He is not a striker perse, nor does he score that many goals.

The only strikers I'd take over Dzeko are RVP and Rooney. I.e strikers with individual talents outside their scoring ability.

Well I was thinking about Munian as a long-time investment. If Dzeko goes we still have three class strikers, plus a young forth one doing well abroad so wouldn't mind seeing a move for a players such as Iker.
Besides, looking at Barcelona earlier this evening: they almost play without a traditional target man/striker and seem to be doing rather well. They had a go at a tall and strong target man in Ibra, and that didn't work at all, and instead they opted for smaller, quicker and more technically gifted players. Maybe something we should consider as well?

If we were to replace Dzeko with a player as similar to him as possible (I don
t see why) Llorente, Gomez comes to mind. I actually would consider RVP a HUGE risk/gamble: for the first time in his career he's having a fantastically prolific season and that's because Arsenals entire strategy is designed to support and suit him. That would not happen here with us. He is old, meaning no resale value at all and he is injury prone.

I'd much much rather have Higuain, which is my personal nr.1 choice for a potential new striker this summer.

Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:
Matt the Giant said:

Well I was thinking about Munian as a long-time investment. If Dzeko goes we still have three class strikers, plus a young forth one doing well abroad so wouldn't mind seeing a move for a players such as Iker.
Besides, looking at Barcelona earlier this evening: they almost play without a traditional target man/striker and seem to be doing rather well. They had a go at a tall and strong target man in Ibra, and that didn't work at all, and instead they opted for smaller, quicker and more technically gifted players. Maybe something we should consider as well?

If we were to replace Dzeko with a player as similar to him as possible (I don
t see why) Llorente, Gomez comes to mind. I actually would consider RVP a HUGE risk/gamble: for the first time in his career he's having a fantastically prolific season and that's because Arsenals entire strategy is designed to support and suit him. That would not happen here with us. He is old, meaning no resale value at all and he is injury prone.

I'd much much rather have Higuain, which is my personal nr.1 choice for a potential new striker this summer.
I see. Thought you were talking about the striker's talent, and by saying players you'd take over Dzeko, you mean't playes you believed were better than Dzeko.

If you are just talking about attacking players you want if Dzeko left, then sure, every one would want prospects like Muniain. Even though I have a funny feeling he is not going to reach his potential. He reminds me of Giovinco.

Dax777 said:
If you are just talking about attacking players you want if Dzeko left, then sure, every one would want prospects like Muniain. Even though I have a funny feeling he is not going to reach his potential. He reminds me of Giovinco.

Yes that's it. I'm not so sure our type of play needs four class strikers as we don't tend to use them in their natural position anyway. Aguero is a given and suits our philosophy like a glove, but Dzeko and Balotelli does not. Teves does as well, but if Mancini stays I think he will leave us this summer, and I guess unfortunately that's for the best.

So if we would loose Dzeko for example, I would prefer to see us bring in someone who is more like Aguero or Tevez, someone who functions in small crowed spaces, technically gifted, quick and who would complement Aguero or Tevez.
If AJ played for the team more and not for himself he could be brilliant for us, if he realized and accepted that his role was primarily to support the striker and to assist him rather than have a go at it himself. He'd need to work on his engine as well.

Matt the Giant said:
Dax777 said:

Yes that's it. I'm not so sure our type of play needs four class strikers as we don't tend to use them in their natural position anyway. Aguero is a given and suits our philosophy like a glove, but Dzeko and Balotelli does not. Teves does as well, but if Mancini stays I think he will leave us this summer, and I guess unfortunately that's for the best.

So if we would loose Dzeko for example, I would prefer to see us bring in someone who is more like Aguero or Tevez, someone who functions in small crowed spaces, technically gifted, quick and who would complement Aguero or Tevez.
If AJ played for the team more and not for himself he could be brilliant for us, if he realized and accepted that his role was primarily to support the striker and to assist him rather than have a go at it himself. He'd need to work on his engine as well.

like benzema or lavezzi

Would be a huge mistake to sell Dzeko.

He has been marginalised this season after starting it so well.

Both Dzeko and his manager already dismissed this story as utter garbage.

And if he has ANY say in his future trade - he would never go back to Bundesliga to any club but Bayern, as he has overgrown it long time ago. Dont see what's in it for him (he already won a title there).

He likes challenges so my guess is he would do anything to stay in EPL, or try Serie A potentially...

Borussia Dortmund?? All due respect - but no way.

BTW - original source of this is The Sun I think - and they've already moved Dzeko to 4 different clubs...pure speculation.

Dzeko house up for sale?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluevibe.co.uk/forum/blue-vibe/post/3219040/rumour-dzekos-house-is-up-for-sale.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluevibe.co.uk/forum/blue-vi ... -sale.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.