Eleven in a row record...

What a time to be a city fan, feeling gutted because we only managed 10 wins and a draw. Long may it continue!

...and Bradford

Haha, yes we could have some for:
The largest number of games played in a purple kit
Biggest away attendance in York...
City hold a few of these type of records: City have played more games than anyone else at the Etihad. More senior members of the Royal Family have watched City home games than any other club's (King George V, the Queen's Dad; Prince Philip - all attended home City games!). We hold the record for broken necks in a cup final! Meredith chewed more toothpicks during the game than anyone else. Most Mancunians at a football game - March 1934. Stats & history - here to be used and abused to give the impression of status or achievement.

City hold a few of these type of records: City have played more games than anyone else at the Etihad. More senior members of the Royal Family have watched City home games than any other club's (King George V, the Queen's Dad; Prince Philip - all attended home City games!). We hold the record for broken necks in a cup final! Meredith chewed more toothpicks during the game than anyone else. Most Mancunians at a football game - March 1934. Stats & history - here to be used and abused to give the impression of status or achievement.

King George VI was the Queen's dad.

Or did you mean both George V and George VI?

City are the only club (AFAIK) to have their shirt worn in a Marathon by Royalty. Princess Beatrice in the 2010 London marathon.

celebs_have_fun_at_london_marathon.jpg

King George VI was the Queen's dad.

Or did you mean both George V and George VI?
Both, but he wasn't the King when he came - I meant to say Duke of York but it doesn't sound as impressive. Basically, 3 successive monarchs have been to City's grounds (Queen was at Commonwealth Games). Prince Charles also went to the Commonwealth Games and I'm sure William will have been - and if not he's likely to come one day - so it could be 5 consecutive reigning monarchs!

Both, but he wasn't the King when he came - I meant to say Duke of York but it doesn't sound as impressive. Basically, 3 successive monarchs have been to City's grounds (Queen was at Commonwealth Games). Prince Charles also went to the Commonwealth Games and I'm sure William will have been - and if not he's likely to come one day - so it could be 5 consecutive reigning monarchs!

Thanks for that, Gary

City jointly hold the world record for most goals scored and record winning margin in a Manchester Derby with, err...

...City.

Also, Maine Road was the first ground to host Monday Night Football and we were one of the first two teams - with Arsenal - to be featured in a game on BT Sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.