Etihad atmosphere

Don't normally drive to the match but had to last night due to timing. Parked up at St. Bridgets opposite the academy which is the wrong side of the ground for me going home. Having read many times on Bluemoon that if I don't leave the game by about the 75 min mark it would take me hours and hours and hours to get home. I don't normally leave early but with having work the next day I thought I'd better heed the advice I'd read about.
The 2nd half was absolutely compelling and I didn't want to leave. Against my better judgement I stayed to the end. I thought I'd better phone home to say I wouldn't be home until the early hours. I thought about ringing in work and leaving a message on the answering machine that I'd be very late in.
On the walk back to the car the excitement of the game was starting to wear off and dread was setting in. Got chips and curry from the Maine Road chippy because I had no idea when I would be able to eat again. But by the time I got back to the car the car park was half empty and there were no queues to get off it. Drove down Ashton New Road and over the Mancunian Way and was home for 10.45.
How was that possible I thought. Surely all those people on Bluemoon who told tales of woe about being stuck in traffic for hour upon hour couldn't be wrong?

Loads of tourists last night but most got stuck in where I was in 119.
Good atmosphere for a CL game, even a few chants started in the Colin Bell last night!

Swapped 116 for 313 last night and it was a pleasant surprise up there. Loads of us up for it and it really was a cracking atmosphere.

Made the schoolboy error of queuing at entrance P as thats my normal entrance, queues were ridiculous. Realised my error so went to L3 and it was a 5 minute queue. Waved through by the "security" team, made a joke with my lad about whether or not he'd got the Semtex through, and got a "that's not funny" comment from the steward who'd waved me through. Well fucking search me then you muppet..
One of the blokes from our pubs cant help but say something similarly to daft to that every single time we go through one of the checks at an airport when going away on a trip. The amount of times he has ended up getting us all held up, searched, luggage poured over with a toothcomb, and missing the chance to have a few pints before boarding. Whats the point?

Loads of tourists last night but most got stuck in where I was in 119.
Good atmosphere for a CL game, even a few chants started in the Colin Bell last night!

tbh i thought it was the opposite. noticed barely any tourists. majority of fans walking around the ground, where i was stood weren't tourists

Can only state what it was like near me fella.
German woman in front of me with a Va BOCUM scarf on and lots of faces ive never seen before.
Were a friendly bunch over there and I know most of the SC holders by sight. Lots of the usual touristy attractions like looking for your seat isle and taking selfies with the pitch behind you on the steps and in seats etc
Big thanks to the 1894 lot as well the flag waving is becoming more prevalent - had a dabble myself last night and dutifully returned to the blue bin guardian back of Stairwell 120

There was a lot of remarks about emptyhad and all that crap. Nothing said when it filled up, this empty seat thing becoming folklore will be difficult to lose it.

Fair play to the lads (& lasses if they were any) at the front of 115, who were in together & singing & waving flags at least 30 mins or more before kick off

Just seen this on social media from something called the 'Anfield Wrap' and made me laugh. Dippers moaning about their atmosphere just as much as we do. Anfield is full of tourists, far worse than the Etihad. The TV shows them singing YNWA every now and then and people think its amazing. This is their rallying cry to their fans:

'The atmosphere at Anfield was shite on Saturday. Arms were folded and mouths kept shut as it went wrong on the pitch. If you went, you're part of that. You can sing, you can shout. You can encourage and you can appeal for everything. You can sing and shout back when away fans take the piss. You help make home advantage just that instead of letting the negative voices be heard. This week I've had someone telling me the crowd can't make a difference. Many players - including Kenny Dalglish - have said otherwise. I'll go with them on this.'

It goes on into a long blurb about istory and what they used to win, but i think the message it proves is that its not just City that struggle with atmosphere, its everyone these days pretty much. Saturday was really good and it felt like people made a massive effort to join in and get songs going. Atmosphere just doesn't come naturally anymore i think and its something we keep building and it makes match days so much more enjoyable. The result was disapointing in the end, but the performance and the atmosphere meant i came away buzzing.

football in general

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.