Etihad atmosphere

Ha ha! All that lecturing fans and he wasn't even at the game!

I thought the atmosphere was great. Lots of songs for the players, even the Ya Ya one got going. The old kippax corner needs to up their game a bit though, we started loads of songs in the south stand but they didn't join in a fair few. We need the Poznan for the Huddersfield game as well.

Level 3 South did the Poznan yesterday.

so how are rapid plaing steaua if you are in the 4th tier

I could be mistaken, but I think its a 4th tier league game.

Both clubs have had "issues" shall we say. Rapid were disolved for financial troubles and two teams were formed in their place start in the 4th tier. I think a third club has now been formed by former players and thats the one the supporters have got behind.

There is a team (who City played) called FC FCSB in the top tier which lost the rights to the Steaua trademarks etc. FCSB is not an abbrieviation - thats the actual legal name of the club. The supporters don't like the owner, so I think some Steua fans have formed a new club in the fourth tier and I'm guessing they are due to play each other, but not much news from the Romanian 4th tier gets reported outside of Romania.

There is a similar story in Bulgaria regarding CSKA Sofia which is even more contentious. Copa90 on youtube have a couple of decent documentaries on both Steaua and CSKA Sofia if you're interested.

I could be mistaken, but I think its a 4th tier league game.

Both clubs have had "issues" shall we say. Rapid were disolved for financial troubles and two teams were formed in their place start in the 4th tier. I think a third club has now been formed by former players and thats the one the supporters have got behind.

There is a team (who City played) called FC FCSB in the top tier which lost the rights to the Steaua trademarks etc. FCSB is not an abbrieviation - thats the actual legal name of the club. The supporters don't like the owner, so I think some Steua fans have formed a new club in the fourth tier and I'm guessing they are due to play each other, but not much news from the Romanian 4th tier gets reported outside of Romania.

There is a similar story in Bulgaria regarding CSKA Sofia which is even more contentious. Copa90 on youtube have a couple of decent documentaries on both Steaua and CSKA Sofia if you're interested.
Prety much. Yes, there are 3 "Rapid"s now, but only one has the history and the support of ex players. And Steaua is owned by the army, their rightfully communist owner, they play in 4th league with us. FCSB is the one that City played against. They didn t pay the army what they were asking, so the army took the badge, name, colours out of them. Rapid, on the other hand, just like City, is the workers team. No money, no titles, just huge support.

Ha ha! All that lecturing fans and he wasn't even at the game!

I thought the atmosphere was great. Lots of songs for the players, even the Ya Ya one got going. The old kippax corner needs to up their game a bit though, we started loads of songs in the south stand but they didn't join in a fair few. We need the Poznan for the Huddersfield game as well.

No lecturing went on. Strange logic that you have to be somewhere when something happens to have an opinion on it. Who knew

Atmosphere has been great of late, we struggle when the second half kicks off but I’m sure we’ll learn to get better.

But much improved, even Pep has been talking about us

No lecturing went on. Strange logic that you have to be somewhere when something happens to have an opinion on it. Who knew

I consider it was a kind of lecturing. Of course you are entitled to your opinion on anything in the world but I don't consider people's opinion as valid as others who were actually at an event.

People pass comment all the time but when you are actually there and not watching it on TV you see and hear things differently. You also react to influences or events unfolding around you. It is always easy to sit and pontificate from afar. I hear people saying "The atmosphere sounded flat" or "It was shit" but in the ground it was great when I was amongst it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.