Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the badges on the stands looked really good on the late Weds evening. There were loads of Romanians taking photos as I walked past.

Yea ive seen that,and somebody posted a pic of Hammers fans having to sit on the concrete in the stands as they hadn't put the seats in.
That is piss poor planning,hope the said fans got something out of the club for that.

Europa League ............according to Bradley Allen - London Radio..............

"""It's turning out to be a hugely frustrating night for the West Ham fans who've turned up here in their droves. More than 57,000 of them."""

Being at the match Wednesday night, I was thinking what a awesome stadium it would be if the 3rd tier from the South stand was carried on all the way around . Also was wondering if the pitch could be dug down lowered, so we could put more rows in at the front ?

Being at the match Wednesday night, I was thinking what a awesome stadium it would be if the 3rd tier from the South stand was carried on all the way around . Also was wondering if the pitch could be dug down lowered, so we could put more rows in at the front ?

I theory you could keep digging down but ultimately we are running out of room and you'd have to reduce the size of the pitch. Can't see it being economic to dig down another couple of meters given you'd only get a couple more rows in. Once the North stand is done we'll have plenty of space and we still have the ability to increase capacity in the East and West stands as per the long term blue print.

Some time ago there was a 'mock ' up of the Etihad where we had 3 tiers all the way round - as you suggested. 60,000 capacity.Maybe some one could 'display' it again.
I cannot see that we could 'dig' down further - like they did with the Commonwealth Games - to put the current Level 1 in .............

Some time ago there was a 'mock ' up of the Etihad where we had 3 tiers all the way round - as you suggested. 60,000 capacity.Maybe some one could 'display' it again.
I cannot see that we could 'dig' down further - like they did with the Commonwealth Games - to put the current Level 1 in .............

The full 3 tier extension would hold 76000 plus. They can't link all the way round as the rake is very different on the south stand that that of the east and west. The south stand 3rd true can be widened once the category system for the old roof are fully removed! Let's just do the north stand first though. I don't know anything concrete yet but my money is on two teir stand with no corporate. Hoping to see some drawings next week.

I'd say there was room but there's the water table, drainage, cost to factor in when they've got the potential to take it to in excess of 80000 it probably isn't worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.