Everton turn on the 'Moyesiah'

shackattack said:
most evertonians who do come on are actually the first to admit our frailties as a club. in response the threads normally end up with the cliched responses re scousers and fans in general. i would never tell your fans how your club etc should be run as truth is i know very little about it. but as this thread is about everton and the fans response to moyes then why should i not contribute. its easy to start a thread that will be biased and wait for the plaudits to arrive. this way we can have a heated debate as mrs merton would say

I'm not knocking any Bluenose for commenting on this thread.

I'm saying that as the 20th approaches more and more of you will come over to Bluemoon and purposely set out to cause ill-feeling between both sets of fans.

Shame because scousers in general really know their footy.

standupefc said:
Yes he won the Coppa Italia with Lazio yes a pretty decent acheivement. He won the Serie A title twice with a decent Inter side. But the amount of money he had compared to other managers had in Italy was ridiculous. He only just scraped the title in the 2007/2008 season with a pretty average Roma side nealy pipping them to the title. When Mancini faced half decent teams he lost they were beat by 2 average sides in Liverpool and Valencia in the champions league. Moyes has never had a lot of money to spend and has spent less in 8 years than Mancini has in nearly a year. You have to take things into consideration when talking about these things. Currently in english football he has won nothing so, making some childish jibe about Moyes saying that he's go more chance of winning something than Moyes. Obviously Mancini has more chance, he could buy the whole Everton team if he wanted and still have money left over. In my opinion Mancini cannot be compared to Moyes as he's had lucky breaks. Moyes has to work on a sell to buy basis he has to sell players in order of buy them. It's like comparing some Fergie to Joe Royle. Fergie was shit until all the money and young talent came through. Joe Royle has consistently done excellently with not a lot of money yet he's never been compared to Fergie. I don't think Mancini has shown any real traits of an excellent manager he didn't last long at Fiorentina when times were tough. He did well at Lazio nobody can deny that but he only won the FA cup. He wasn't very popular with Inter fans and only managed to scrape the title in his 2nd season.

Wow.Better re-writing of history and propaganda than Pravda...;-)
We could argue that pre-takeover,we had absolutely no money to spend.
Sheffield United spent more than us the season we re-signed a 32 year old Paul Dickov as our backup striker,and Joey Barton was pretty much our only hope.
This myth that Moyes has spent nothing...I don't know where you Scousers get it from.
For instance-he spent £5million on 32 year old Distin....£15 million for Fellaini...£11 million for Yakubu...£6mill for Hettinga..£3mill for Howard..I could go on and on-but the fact is Moyes HAS spent money.
He's made some great signings like Arteta and Cahill-in the same way that we did with the likes of Zabaletta and Kompany-both signed for a combined fee of less than Fellaini cost "no money" Moyes...you were spending "big" (compared to us) when we were spending nothing,so the comparison is utterly pointless.

The facts are that Moyes has won nothing,and Mancini has experience of winning titles.It's got to count for something when the stuff hits the fan.
I would also suspect that Moyes brand of "dogs of war" football would not get him a job in either Serie A or La Liga.

the 20th has no great significance in my calendar, just another game to me. in fairness with premier league being way it is either team could win it. i never come on to gloat or slag city off as a club or a place.like the music and people and would never dream of conversing with a red from either city in same way. neither club has a mass of gloryhunters or daytrippers and for that reason alone i respect anyone supporting city as they generally know their football and go the game

have been on here when we play you and yeah it is cringeworthy but it is the internet and the warriors do " come out to play" lol...and yeah shack are a top band. shambolic in same way as everton mind !!!!

Personally never had any issue with everton. Seem to have decent support, and do well given they've been skint for a while. Moyes is also a decent manager, though agreed, decidedly ugly.

I know some everton fans who are good lads, fair in their opinion, and who have a soft spot for city. On the flip side, I know some everton fans who are just down right twunts, really hate city and find it difficult to hide their jealousy over the money (though they gave me shit before the money anyway). But I'm fairly certain that all clubs have some decent fans and some twunty fans (including us).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.