FCUM Ground update

It is true that many of playing fields are waterlogged or in a state of disrepair today. There should be some action to protect them. I think £15 million of National Lottery funding into improving community sports fields is a good thing to start with.

I've been travelling down Lightbourne Rd this last week and there is a wall of metal fencing being erected.

I'd guess work will be starting soon.

The one plus is that it'll give me somewhere to stop and have a piss on the way home from our matches.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
tregyblue61 said:
Just heard on non-league football (5live) first sod will be cut Monday morning.

cracking own goal in their FA Trophy game!

Was cut this morning ( Sunday ) at 10.00am

am I the only one who thinks this is good for moston

not a fan but lived on the miners estate in the 70s/80s and went back a couple of month ago and nothing really has changed its still a place on where you don't go out after its dark and alot of gangs on the streets

well if the parents are looking to there kids for something else to do other than sell drugs on the streets this should give them hope

ancoats said:
tregyblue61 said:

not a fan but lived on the miners estate in the 70s/80s and went back a couple of month ago and nothing really has changed its still a place on where you don't go out after its dark and alot of gangs on the streets

well if the parents are looking to there kids for something else to do other than sell drugs on the streets this should give them hope

I suppose it depends on what you think it will give the kids that already isn't available in the area ?

ancoats said:

I suppose it depends on what you think it will give the kids that already isn't available in the area ?

I'm sure it will be good for Moston, those against it were not against FCUM but the siting of the stadium on that particular site and still maintain that.

Gangs have always roamed about and very rarely seek organised activities.
Last year I saw a plan for the use of the astroturf and it was to be booked solid each day for use by local colleges (both Manchester and Oldham) local schools, Moston Juniors and FCUM themselves. The only times it was available was 4-5pm - hardly beneficial to "the local community" - and of course there will be a fee to use the facilities. Can the kids from the Miners estate or other local areas afford that?
The facilities said to be offered inside such as computer courses etc are available at libraries etc. Maybe a football club can / will engage young people better than other providers of such services and I hope they do.
I expect to begin with there will be a keen interest in it but FCUM will have to sustain that novelty value - and of course sustain all the public funding they receive to run such projects. As belts tighten, public money becomes rarer.
Good luck to them, it is now happening so I hope it goes well - the locals will be watching closely at all the promises and assurances given by FCUM and two councillors who backed the scheme.

ancoats said:
tregyblue61 said:

I live in Moston it isn't that bad and me and the mrs have never feared going out at night. There are no "gang" problems groups of kids knocking about together aren't gangs.

I think the Stadium will be good for Moston, people moaning about the playing fields being used don't seem to know that it was only Moston Juniors using it anyway.

My kids will use the new facilities as they play for Moston Juniors when they are not selling drugs on the streets.

ancoats said:
tregyblue61 said:

there_goes_the_neighborhood-show.jpg

It's hard to believe that these FCUM Fans are really Manchester United fans and will always be.

And then the speaker comes up with this gem.

"In the week that some football clubs have announced their latest personal care and laundry partner for South East Asia.(cue laughter throughout the crowd) 6.15

See video of event and fans being interviewd.

<a class="postlink" href="http://vimeo.com/79699231#at=377" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://vimeo.com/79699231#at=377</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.