Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 9 Aug 2017.

1. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Holding Down the Low End
    Glad we got him at the price we did or he would already have been crucified by some.
    He's a star in the making though, as far as I'm concerned.

2. ws01

ws01

He's got a long way to go in terms of finishing.

Ultimately he's probably best playing as a second striker IMO - you wouldn't want him to play much upfront by himself atm.

3. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

30 seconds in.....skill, more of yes please Gabby

4. dublinblue12

dublinblue12

Skillful, great work rate, gets in great positions to scores goals, whats not to like

5. kimbanor

kimbanor

I love Jesus and he will be fantastic I am sure of it . his problem at the moment is because he is so Quick, he puts him selef just in Offside positiom, he has had already 4 goals that was bairly offiside. once he gets that controled, the goals will be many, an the offside far and few between. ⭐️

6. argyle

argyle

Not up to speed yet. Missing many chances.

Does he link well with Aguero?

7. lancs blue

lancs blue

I think he does but not in the traditional sense of a strike partnership with one laying the ball off for the other. What impressed me at Brighton was that they didn't seem to get in each other's way in the opposition box, their movement was intelligent and varied and gave the creative players options for the final ball.

8. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

Property Development
    Have to be honest I am not totally convinced by him yet. Could be another Robinho. Big ask to expect him to be our main man. (Yet)

9. Metalartin

Metalartin

He's not up to speed yet but neither is Aguero, already saw enough last season to know what he's about, he'll be back at it and then some in no time... big future for this lad he has just as many believers as Mbappé accross the pond too so he must be doing something right. Probably needs a good run in the CL to convince some of those in Europe(he already briefly had pundits purring last season in the prem) who haven't seen much of him and then we can slap whatever value we want on him(not that we'd sell). His movement on his own causes defenders headaches, add Aguero's to that mix (who has always had great movement) and it's easy to see why Pep wants to try and fit them both in, if he can get it working it could be a deadly combo.

I was a bit surprised at the open net he missed on the tour as he is normally instinctive scoring from impossible angles, maybe just rust or maybe got caught in two minds overthinking it. He will have a lot to take in under Pep but hopefully he feels somewhat settled now and I'm sure he's up to taking it all on board and becoming the player Pep sees in him.

Last edited: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:10 AM
  10. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

His attitude and application is several levels above that of the very casual Robinho - the only thing they have in common is nationality.