Gael Clichy - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just keep him playing, getting better and better. As others have alluded his game is about anticipation and he gets sharper and sharper

Yes I agree, one on defending and intercepting with his anticipation are his strengths ... Problem is he's nowhere near good enough on the ball .... I don't question his commitment or professionalism ever, he's a top pro but just not got the quality we need in possession of the ball.

Thought he was value for money yesterday.

We look far less susceptible to counter attacks with him and Sagna in the side. The extra pace they bring makes such a difference.

Thought he was excellent yesterday, and as has been the case throughout his City career, he needs 3 or 4 games to hit top form. I think he needs a run of games now and Kolarov should have a rest.

This all day

We look far less susceptible to counter attacks with him and Sagna in the side. The extra pace they bring makes such a difference.

Thought he was excellent yesterday, and as has been the case throughout his City career, he needs 3 or 4 games to hit top form. I think he needs a run of games now and Kolarov should have a rest.

A post of simplicity yet correct in every detail. Pace is the one thing that is essential today and I would like to see us have a run of games with as much pace in the back four as possible. Well said that man.

Great post

It will be interesting if someone can provide us the our win rate when Clichy and Sagna play as our fullbacks compared to Zaba & Kolarov.

I just checked our formation in whoscored.com and found some interesting facts:

1- Our first loss of the season was with Spurs, we had Zaba & Kolarov as our fullbacks.
2- Then we draw with Everton, we played with 3 at the back !
3- Draw with Southampton with 3 at back
4- Lost to Chelsea with 3 at the back .

The conclusion is, we get better result when we play with 4 at backs with Clichy & Sagna starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.