Game management, time wasting and poor officials

MadchesterCity

Haalander; There can be only one, two, THREE!
Team supported
‘Rodri, Rodri, Rodri’ !!! PinchMe PinchMe PinchMe THREE was the magic number !!! CITY CITY CITY Manchester England Europe
Last night was a perfect example of Game management, time wasting and poor officials

Stoke in both half's faked injury and took a 3 minute break on 22 minutes and 67 minutes - exactly half way through the half.

The Stoke players all stopped for a half half time team talk and water refreshments as Scarabrich was quite happy to enjoy the rest and the break in the game!!

It is so important to get the early goal or time will be wasted again and again like it was last night!!
Just a mini rant

It's immoral, but there are no rules against it. IMO this is something City should have adopted years ago, the best example was when we played Juventus in the CL group stage: 1-0 up with few minutes to go, we carry on playing our normal game, then two, quick goals put them in the lead... fouls, pretend injuries, 3 players deciding between them who should take a throw in etc. We need to control the pace of the game more and more.

Football just needs a timekeeper who stops the clock when play stops, no time wasting,no phantom extra minutes, and counting down the last seconds might be fun.It could mean reducing game time to 35-40 mins each half, but I am sure thats more than some matches as things currently stand.

I don't want us to sink to that level,rather just keep the ball,swarsbrick is just a dopey ref usually,i'm sure he is a fan pretending to be a ref

Football needs and independent timekeeper but also has to move away from 'ball boys' - it's bizarre that in 2017 we are relying on 10-15 yearolds to throw the ball back to players. Surely there should be an official multi-ball system that is less open to human(child) error i.e not thrown quick enough, thrown short, stuck in the crowd etc.

That said, can I give an honourable mention to the ball bot that threw it in Ronaldo's face a few years ago when he was at United

Football just needs a timekeeper who stops the clock when play stops, no time wasting,no phantom extra minutes, and counting down the last seconds might be fun.It could mean reducing game time to 35-40 mins each half, but I am sure thats more than some matches as things currently stand.
I think the stat is that only around 60 minutes of a 90 minute match actually consists of football being played. So reduce it to 30 min halves where the clock is stopped when the ball is not in play.

Said last night, bet the board is gonna have 4 minutes extra time on it... Sure enough.
I counted about double that in time wasting. Hate this side of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.