Gin

It's done it again: A £10 gin from ALDI is declared one of the best in the world by expert judges (and it beat expensive rivals including a bottle that costs FOUR times as much)
  • Aldi's £9.97 Oliver Cromwell London Dry Gin won a prestigious gold medal
  • Beat a £39.95 gin that won silver at the International Wine and Spirits Challenge
  • Discount chain was named Supermarket Own Brand Spirits Range Of The Year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/f...-s-10-gin-judged-one-best-WORLD.html#comments

We assume quality through smart advertising glamour and inflated prices.The emporers new clothes if you will.
This is why blind taste testing is the only way forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and Mrs Barm drink gin occasionally, went in lidl last week and got some Horus and some fever tree have to say its the best I have had will always have some in stock from now on, fever tree is far far better than anything else imho.

I like a gin from a distiller in Harrogate called Slingsby's. Pretty decent stuff.

They've got a short history/tour at their shop and told us the story behind the saying 'Dutch courage'. Quite interesting.

can't go wrong with a G&T ( in pints)
More of a Rum man myself, Kraken, Sailor Jerry, and Red Leg (very smooth) have been on the list so far this year, usually neat with a beer if needed.

I had some very nice Bombay Gin (not Sapphire) at the weekend, and it was bloody lovely. I found some 20 year-old Angostura bitters in the back of a cupboard, and knocked up some rather refreshing Pink Gin cocktails (squeeze of fresh lime and chuck in the wedge, 50ml Gin, 3-4 dashes of bitters over ice & top up with tonic), and stir.

Has anyone tried this £35.00a bottle
3069bf6aebaae47db5e4f4e899d26103.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.