Greatest (or most memorable) game you ever saw?

as in was actually in the ground...well it has to be the 10-1 vs huddersfield (in the Kippax) or the 5-1 thrashing of utd with the hincliffe goal to make it 5 (in the north stand)

19.5k were there. My season ticket was in H block at that time, but for some reason and I don't know why, I was in the North Stand that day.
19.5, blimey didn't realise it was so few...I was in the kippax, my second home as a 17 year old, happy days (ish!)

The 4 games that I remember.
Ist ever at Maine Road was against Leicester City with Peter Shilton in goal for Leicester which we won 6-0.
5-1 against the rags in 1989 I was in plaster that year with a broken bone in my foot. Everyone expecting us to get hammered in this game.
4-3 come back against spurs.
10-1 against Huddersfield. All the City fans cheering when Andy May scored a penalty for Huddersfield, and don't forget 3 players each scoring a hat-trick David White, Paul Stewart, & Tony Adcock.

19.5k were there. My season ticket was in H block at that time, but for some reason and I don't know why, I was in the North Stand that day.

my eldest sons first game , thought i would take him to a low key game and there were loads of empty seats around us , quite sure we just paid on the gate in those days we were in the North Stand .After the match my lad asked do they score ten every week !!! Had to let him down lightly and said i had been going over 20 odd years and that was the 1st time and not to expect the same next time we go to a match , city didnt disappoint to be fair because we scored 6 in the next midweek cup game not sure who it was , but we had a period of scoring goals for fun

Greatest: Aguerooooo will never be bettered. We all dreamed for so long and then it happened with such drama. It's not been quite the same since.

Memorable: Middle of the Kippax 5-1 and that whole weekend after. Just joyful. And the 1-6, but that was all a bit surreal.

Charlton - December 1986. Went on the Special to Selhurst Park in between Christmas and New Year, therefore cold and no beer. A 9 hour round trip. We got beat 0-5 and don't recall us having a single attempt on goal in the 90 minutes. Those were the days.
Also went to that game with a rag mate who had offered to drive when he was pissed up night before!

Most memorable has to be the the 6 -2 thrashing we handed out to Chelsea late 70's at Maine road.
Peter Barnes absolutely unplayable that day a joy to watch and a match that has long lived in my memory.

Without the obvious one to mention i take you back to April 81 FA Cup Quarter Final trailing 1-2 at Goodison Park and on our way out when suddenly out of nowhere Paul Power fastens onto a lay off and hoists the ball over the keeper and into the back of the net and send the 17000 travelling blue army mental haha what a day, getting bricked on the way out of lime street just added to the pleasure of the return home

Most memorable has to be the the 6 -2 thrashing we handed out to Chelsea late 70's at Maine road.
Peter Barnes absolutely unplayable that day a joy to watch and a match that has long lived in my memory.

My second ever game! The first was a month or two before when we beat Leicester 5-0 and Kiddo scored 4. The goals soon dried up as I started to go more and more

The best performance I've seen from any City team, was the second half against Barcelona, a few weeks ago. I wasn't there and had to watch it on TV.

In person and attending a game it has to be the 3-0 win against Ac Milan in 1978.

For emotional purposes Colin Bells return from injury in the game against Newcastle on boxing day 1977.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.