Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Linked with Gundogan and many many other midfielders so does that mean we have given up on Pogba ?

Linked with Gundogan and many many other midfielders so does that mean we have given up on Pogba ?

Juventus have him tied down till 2019, so it'll probably take between £85m-£100m offer to prise him away and I doubt anyone is willing to pay that.

Not necessarily, it is by far the area of the team that needs strengthened the most, both in quality and numbers. I suspect this time next season, the only 2 players in the current squad that have featured regularly in central midfield will be Nasri and Fernandinho.

Unless we do something with the youth players, that means 2 or 3 new midfielders.

Where has all this nonsense about him being Injury prone come from? Didn't he suffer from something to do with his spine which was a defect rather than an injury?

That's not to say though that he won't be when he comes here. It's not like we're exactly lucky with injuries...

I do not
Not necessarily, it is by far the area of the team that needs strengthened the most, both in quality and numbers. I suspect this time next season, the only 2 players in the current squad that have featured regularly in central midfield will be Nasri and Fernandinho.

Unless we do something with the youth players, that means 2 or 3 new midfielders.

I do not really agree with that.

We currently use Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya in central midfield I can see Yaya going but he could still do a job at least further forward. If we have enough central midfielders this year then like for like would be just one NEW midfielder if Yaya goes. Fernando and Fernandinho have been great. Do not confuse Fernandos ability with his form last year when injured. We have never used Nasri in central midfield. We wont be getting rid of Silva not that he plays in central midfield. I can see someone like Denayer playing in multiple position including CDM We will use some of the younger players at least a little.

We have problems at RB LB and up front and back up goal at least according to some

I do not really agree with that.

We currently use Fernando Fernandinho and Yaya in central midfield I can see Yaya going but he could still do a job at least further forward. If we have enough central midfielders this year then like for like would be just one NEW midfielder if Yaya goes. Fernando and Fernandinho have been great. Do not confuse Fernandos ability with his form last year when injured. We have never used Nasri in central midfield. We wont be getting rid of Silva not that he plays in central midfield. I can see someone like Denayer playing in multiple position including CDM We will use some of the younger players at least a little.

We have problems at RB LB and up front and back up goal at least according to some
We currently play 2 in midfield so having 4 (Yaya/Delph/Nando/DInho) is alright, but if we ended up playing 3 then we'd likely need a 5th; so if you remove Yaya we'd need +2. On top of that whilst Fernando is a decent player, I'm not sure he'd be a Pep player, then you have Delph, is he good enough? Hard to say based on this injury hit season where he's often played out of position.

Fernandinho is almost the only one who seems definitely good enough and who'd suit Peps style. If you say we play 3 in the middle & need 5 players then this is a significant weak area for us IMO. Personally see Delph/Nando as good enough to keep as backup, but think we need 2 more very good CM's (ala Pogba/Gundogan) to go with Fernandinho.

We currently play 2 in midfield so having 4 (Yaya/Delph/Nando/DInho) is alright, but if we ended up playing 3 then we'd likely need a 5th; so if you remove Yaya we'd need +2. On top of that whilst Fernando is a decent player, I'm not sure he'd be a Pep player, then you have Delph, is he good enough? Hard to say based on this injury hit season where he's often played out of position.

Fernandinho is almost the only one who seems definitely good enough and who'd suit Peps style. If you say we play 3 in the middle & need 5 players then this is a significant weak area for us IMO. Personally see Delph/Nando as good enough to keep as backup, but think we need 2 more very good CM's (ala Pogba/Gundogan) to go with Fernandinho.

Your assuming we will play three in midfield

Delph and Fernando have been good enough as part of partnership with an inform Yaya or Fernandinho So that means only one more

If we play 2 in the middle could we really get away with three of starting quality and two back ups ?

I cannot see us getting rid of two midfielders who we have really only just bought and one of which is home grown

Your assuming we will play three in midfield

Delph and Fernando have been good enough as part of partnership with an inform Yaya or Fernandinho So that means only one more

If we play 2 in the middle could we really get away with three of starting quality and two back ups ?

I cannot see us getting rid of two midfielders who we have really only just bought and one of which is home grown

Delph?

Jesus wept. Remind of our results when he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.