I Will take on the Hughes Out Brigade

moomba said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
What has Hughes done wrong?

I don't know why there is all this bickering about our manager, in all honesty. I have never, ever, known a manager of City receive so much bile from the supporters.

What is realistic about our team at the moment? All you anti Hughes mob, and there appear to be lots of you out there, what do you expect of a team that for the last few seasons has been flirting with relegation?

Are you so deluded and drunk by our wealth, that you think we should be chasing a champions league spot? After a few months?

What do you expect? What do you want?

I'll tell you what you want. It is instant success, without any effort. You want all these millions of free pounds from our owner to produce a world beating side in a couple of minutes, and if it does'nt happen, then sack the manager. Bring someone new in, and if he loses a game, get rid of him as well.

I don't expect instant success, never have ad I suspect the vast majority of the people that don't rate Hughes also don't expect instant success.

I expect improvement, I expect some signs to show that Hughes is capable of taking us forward. I expect to have a bit of confidence in the manager to be able to get the best out of all of our players, and I expect the manager to have the tactical nous about him that will carry us over the line on the odd occasion we aren't at our best.

Don't belittle this debate by spouting the same old "everyone who wants Hughes out wants instant success" argument, I bet you'd struggle to find anyone who actually thinks that way.

I'm not. But why do so many people want Hughes out when he has done nothing wrong.

What has he done to hurt the club so badly?

It's a very simple case of people believing that he's not the best man to take the club forward.

The Cyber Goat said:
It's my turn to rant to here goes:

This club has been shite for as long as I can remember, but lets start at the dark dark days, Relegation to the 3rd division. Thats where we start, that is the level we were at .. the club is in turmoil, financially fucked, 127 managers in a week, then things turn round, David Bernstein turns the club around and we get 2 promotions in succession with Joe Royle back to back without spending much cash. The rapid progression means we are not good enough to stay in the top league and we are again relegated.

Bring on King Kev! He takes the club back up great season loads of goals - the new messiah! But Kevin has a problem, like my missis he is shite with money, he has to spend spend spend, he and Mr. Bernstein fall out over a washed up scouser ( who proved to be right there Kev??) Hey presto John Wardle usups Bernsrein and city go on to throw good money after bad on shite players until the money runs out and keegan does his harry hudini trick and fucks off!

So now we are a yo yo club, staving off relegation with an untested manager called Stuart Pearce, who doesn't have much off a clue really but, he has inherited a poor squad and just 6 million quid to spend, does he improve the squad with 2-3 good professionals to help our blossoming youth system? Does he fuck he blows the lot on a never seen before Greek waiter! Season is a wash out we just avoid relegation he gets sacked!

Now it starts to get interesting .. Wardle sells to Satan himself ( although he wasn't that bad when interested in Liverpool!) We get Sven shagalot as manager and still have a squad that is utter crap and just avoided relegation. Lets look at the improvements shagalot makes to that squad ...

Garrido - the snail - shite
Bianchi - wears a fuckin muffler - sent back delivering Pizza
Geovani - been found out by Phil Brown now - shite
Fernandes - Anybody seen my head? - shite
Martin Petrov - ok he isn't that bad
Corluka - good player but a bit slow for the premier league - sold
Bojinov - translates as Bolsa Wood - never played more than 30 mins
Benjani - plays well 1 in 6 - shi... well he isn't bad but not good by any stretch
Caicedo - Stick to boxing you old fucker, 21 my arse! - shite
Elano - has to be taken off because gary speed said BOO! - SHITE

We have a miraculous start to the season then at christmas the wheels fall off and we are no better after christmas than under Pearce the season before, we play negative football never try to beat any of the top teams, are considered a push over by smaller clubs and end up getting tonked 8-1 by Gareth - can't take a penalty - Southgate! This one result is an indication of the mental strength and attitude of our squad and if any of them had ANY pride for this club they would see to put it right only one player has done that (You all know who he is) the rest can fuck off for me!

Now my point (hurray you cry!!) You cannot undo all these years of shite built on shite, built on .... and turn it around in 10 minutes forget the money it means nothing to the players here already the earn mega bucks they don't give a fuck about me, you or the club! The signings Mark Hughes has made have been our best players this season - listen to what Ireland, our best and most consistent performer says about his boss - not what a FRINGE player says because he isn't sweating blood for you is he? no he wants shagalot back so he can have it easy.

It takes a season to find out what the players are about. Rumors are 16 will go in the summer the more the better for me! We are not a top 6 team! List our players then the top 6 teams and tell me how many get into them teams not fuckin many will so are we under achieving? No actually we are where we deserve to be! People talk about players being 'world class' because they make a pass or win a header! What the fuck do you know about world class players you have watched Vassell for 5 seasons for fucks sake get real!!

Go ask Blackburn fans on their forums about Hughes, you won't get a bad word said, they didn't concede goals from ever corner/cross/free kick did they? Same manager, same coaches, same methods DIFFERENT PLAYERS WHO AREN'T ARSED!!! that's the difference so stop your whining!

Even if you don't like his methods/tactics/formations or the real reason (he played for united) this club needs to get rid of all the shite that has been accumulating over the years and a new manager won't know what's what for another season so let him sort it out! If we are no better this time next year he will be on his bike because of the amounts of money he will have spent, but i'm confident he will get it right, unlike our players who have never been won anything he has won things all his life and it's that mentality that I like, it's ingrained into winners and Mark Hughes has it remember how much we hated him when he played against us .. that's because he played to WIN got go close to winning actually WIN and you have to respect a man like that not some overpaid primma-donna who plays to look good or get a big contract(Insert players name here!)

Anyway RANT over, stability is the key you cannot undo years of mismanagement in 8 months and all seasoncard holders you have had more value for money this season than any other in the TOP DIVISION than any other in recent years .. Bring on the Hughes out brigade .. Round 1,420,544 Ding Ding ;-)

great post, somewhat wasted though on the numpties on here.

The Cyber Goat said:
It's my turn to rant to here goes:

This club has been shite for as long as I can remember, but lets start at the dark dark days, Relegation to the 3rd division. Thats where we start, that is the level we were at .. the club is in turmoil, financially fucked, 127 managers in a week, then things turn round, David Bernstein turns the club around and we get 2 promotions in succession with Joe Royle back to back without spending much cash. The rapid progression means we are not good enough to stay in the top league and we are again relegated.

Bring on King Kev! He takes the club back up great season loads of goals - the new messiah! But Kevin has a problem, like my missis he is shite with money, he has to spend spend spend, he and Mr. Bernstein fall out over a washed up scouser ( who proved to be right there Kev??) Hey presto John Wardle usups Bernsrein and city go on to throw good money after bad on shite players until the money runs out and keegan does his harry hudini trick and fucks off!

So now we are a yo yo club, staving off relegation with an untested manager called Stuart Pearce, who doesn't have much off a clue really but, he has inherited a poor squad and just 6 million quid to spend, does he improve the squad with 2-3 good professionals to help our blossoming youth system? Does he fuck he blows the lot on a never seen before Greek waiter! Season is a wash out we just avoid relegation he gets sacked!

Now it starts to get interesting .. Wardle sells to Satan himself ( although he wasn't that bad when interested in Liverpool!) We get Sven shagalot as manager and still have a squad that is utter crap and just avoided relegation. Lets look at the improvements shagalot makes to that squad ...

Garrido - the snail - shite
Bianchi - wears a fuckin muffler - sent back delivering Pizza
Geovani - been found out by Phil Brown now - shite
Fernandes - Anybody seen my head? - shite
Martin Petrov - ok he isn't that bad
Corluka - good player but a bit slow for the premier league - sold
Bojinov - translates as Bolsa Wood - never played more than 30 mins
Benjani - plays well 1 in 6 - shi... well he isn't bad but not good by any stretch
Caicedo - Stick to boxing you old fucker, 21 my arse! - shite
Elano - has to be taken off because gary speed said BOO! - SHITE

We have a miraculous start to the season then at christmas the wheels fall off and we are no better after christmas than under Pearce the season before, we play negative football never try to beat any of the top teams, are considered a push over by smaller clubs and end up getting tonked 8-1 by Gareth - can't take a penalty - Southgate! This one result is an indication of the mental strength and attitude of our squad and if any of them had ANY pride for this club they would see to put it right only one player has done that (You all know who he is) the rest can fuck off for me!

Now my point (hurray you cry!!) You cannot undo all these years of shite built on shite, built on .... and turn it around in 10 minutes forget the money it means nothing to the players here already the earn mega bucks they don't give a fuck about me, you or the club! The signings Mark Hughes has made have been our best players this season - listen to what Ireland, our best and most consistent performer says about his boss - not what a FRINGE player says because he isn't sweating blood for you is he? no he wants shagalot back so he can have it easy.

It takes a season to find out what the players are about. Rumors are 16 will go in the summer the more the better for me! We are not a top 6 team! List our players then the top 6 teams and tell me how many get into them teams not fuckin many will so are we under achieving? No actually we are where we deserve to be! People talk about players being 'world class' because they make a pass or win a header! What the fuck do you know about world class players you have watched Vassell for 5 seasons for fucks sake get real!!

Go ask Blackburn fans on their forums about Hughes, you won't get a bad word said, they didn't concede goals from ever corner/cross/free kick did they? Same manager, same coaches, same methods DIFFERENT PLAYERS WHO AREN'T ARSED!!! that's the difference so stop your whining!

Even if you don't like his methods/tactics/formations or the real reason (he played for united) this club needs to get rid of all the shite that has been accumulating over the years and a new manager won't know what's what for another season so let him sort it out! If we are no better this time next year he will be on his bike because of the amounts of money he will have spent, but i'm confident he will get it right, unlike our players who have never been won anything he has won things all his life and it's that mentality that I like, it's ingrained into winners and Mark Hughes has it remember how much we hated him when he played against us .. that's because he played to WIN got go close to winning actually WIN and you have to respect a man like that not some overpaid primma-donna who plays to look good or get a big contract(Insert players name here!)

Anyway RANT over, stability is the key you cannot undo years of mismanagement in 8 months and all seasoncard holders you have had more value for money this season than any other in the TOP DIVISION than any other in recent years .. Bring on the Hughes out brigade .. Round 1,420,544 Ding Ding ;-)

i have been one of the hughes in camp, and probably for pretty much the same reasons as you. yes we do need stability but at what cost.

i cant say hughes would have been my first choice, or even in my top twenty.

he came with his backroom team of selected taff`s and had the chance to spend and spend big which he has done. most of his buys have been good to be honest, apart from berti, t.b.h, whether bellamy was a good buy is open to debate. i didnt know he had this knee problem that would seriously affect the number of games we would get out of him.

my problem is the fact we didnt buy a tall goal scoring target man which the team is screaming out for and a major reason why the team is not performing.

also when we look round us we have bolton, wigan, whu, these team have had to sell some of there best players, and not had the money we have had to spend, they have also got new managers who need time to implant their method of play to their respective squads, but as i said without or resource.

my worry is if we hang onto mark hughes, in the hope that everything will come right, we risk losing out on the chance of a top manager.

my question is which risk do we take to keep or get shut.

iam starting to lean towards the get shut, because the team seem to under perform on a regular basis. and when i listen to hughes he doesnt inspire me, it makes me wonder what the lads in the dressing room think. motivator or comunicator i dont think he is

Why do people keep comparing Hughes signings to Svens? I'm sure if Sven had the money that Hughes had to spend on a single player then he'd have made better signings than he did. Do you really think he'd have bought a player like Gelson if he had 18million available to spend on a defensive midfielder as Hughes has done?

Hughes signings have been good on the whole although most of them have been average away from home but you expect his signings to be good when he's spending 32million, 18million, 14million, 8million etc on players

I don't care that Hughes used to play for United i just don't think he's good enough to take us where we and the owners want us to be

I think a lot of the Hughes out brigade are hoping with everything crossed that Hughesy gets the boot and Jose comes in, lets take a little look at Jose's career and see if we really need him.

Came into management in 2000

2000 Benfica did nothing

2001 União de Leiria got them to their highest league position FIFTH Woopido

2002 Porto inherited a team with a winning history and did win quite comprehensively

2004 Chelski again won without question but again inherited a team that was primed and built for success by Claudio Ranieri

2008 Inter still to prove his worth, but again inherited a team primed, prepared and experianced in winning from Mancini(the most successful inter manager for 30 years).

Mourinho is the black widow of the footballing world, he dives in to take the credit that has come from other managers hard work.

Maybe Shinawatra had something about him by going for Ranieri and then for going for Hughes.

I for one want the stability that we have at the minute and in years to come we will have the success that we so long for, but not with a manager like Jose who wouldn't have a clue about managing a team that has no present history, thats why we need to stick with Hughes. Give the man TWO more seasons and just see the improvement, we just need to wind our necks in and remembere where we have come from.

Barry Conlons wig said:
I think a lot of the Hughes out brigade are hoping with everything crossed that Hughesy gets the boot and Jose comes in, lets take a little look at Jose's career and see if we really need him.

Came into management in 2000

2000 Benfica did nothing

2001 União de Leiria got them to their highest league position FIFTH Woopido

2002 Porto inherited a team with a winning history and did win quite comprehensively

2004 Chelski again won without question but again inherited a team that was primed and built for success by Claudio Ranieri

2008 Inter still to prove his worth, but again inherited a team primed, prepared and experianced in winning from Mancini(the most successful inter manager for 30 years).

Mourinho is the black widow of the footballing world, he dives in to take the credit that has come from other managers hard work.

Maybe Shinawatra had something about him by going for Ranieri and then for going for Hughes.

I for one want the stability that we have at the minute and in years to come we will have the success that we so long for, but not with a manager like Jose who wouldn't have a clue about managing a team that has no present history, thats why we need to stick with Hughes. Give the man TWO more seasons and just see the improvement, we just need to wind our necks in and remembere where we have come from.
So we shouldn't consider getting in a manager widely considered one of the best in the business who has won numerous trophies because his credentials aren't good enough due to the fact he didn't build his winning teams from scratch. Instead we should give a manager who has never won anything time just on the off chance that he might prove to be good enough in a few years.

I don't do blind faith my self, but each to their own I suppose.

absolute spot on post and agree with you totally i just wish everyone else could be the same all the successful managers never really did anything in their first season. i say summer will be the turning point for this club, hughes has had a good assessment of the club this season and i strongly believe there will be big changes in the summer, all the deadwood will be gone and then we can start a fresh with some quality signings i dont think the likes of kaka and all the other superstars will arrive but in time who knows in the future, we need to be backing hughes then if it fails next season then maybe we need to be questioning hughes but for now we are definatley going in the right direction so give hughes a break and lets all get back to the days when we had the best fans in the world and not bickering about who we should sign and as soon as we have a bad result start all these pathetic hughes out threads just because we have money doesnt mean it guarantees instant success now come on city fans we were once a brotherhood lets get back to it. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.