IAAF World Championships 2017

Ok well, regardless of whether or not one believes she should compete against other women/be subjected or hormone surpressants etc (I've changed my mind a few times based on the arguments on both sides the debate and still cant really settle on an answer) I think we should at least be respectful of how she chooses to identify. Its a difficult situation and unfortunately one that the IAAF has exacerbated through its poor handling of the situation at times.
When "she" had to take hormone surpressants "her" performances dropped off, I believe "she" is neither male or female which is the problem.

It just seems grossly unfair to the genuine female competitors that she has such an unfair advantage over them.

The complete lack of discussion by the BBC after the event tells you a lot about how many people feel about the situation.

700,000 spectators across the 10 days of competition. They should just stage it in London every time.

They should have started the final session a couple of hours earlier though, so that people could have stayed for the two relay medal ceremonies at the end.

When "she" had to take hormone surpressants "her" performances dropped off, I believe "she" is neither male or female which is the problem.

It just seems grossly unfair to the genuine female competitors that she has such an unfair advantage over them.

The complete lack of discussion by the BBC after the event tells you a lot about how many people feel about the situation.

My point was that regardless of your views on this issue, it's definitely not anyone else's place on here to question how she identifies gender wise. I was responding to a poster who incorrectly said she doesn't identify as a woman away from athletics. She does.

The extent to which her testosterone levels affect her performance is still not known for sure. It's also interesting to me that we don't have this debate around male athletes with above normal levels of naturally occurring testosterone.

Like I say, I can't make my own mind up about it. I mean, is there even such thing as a level playing field in athletics? Athletes across the board have all kinds of genetic quirks that give them an "unfair" advantage over others, is there not an argument that this is just another of those?

It's an interesting debate, one unfortunately which might not have a satisfactory answer that suits everyone. It'd be cool if we could all at least agree to afford those involved a level of dignity and respect though. We could maybe lose those unnecessary quotation marks around the "she" and "hers" for a start.

They might as well make London it's own country. Could go for the Olympics again

Don't think we'll see the Olympics in London again.

They wouldn't be able to stage it at the existing Olympic Park, most of it has been built on, or will be built on.

Don't think there's anywhere else in the city it could be staged either.

Don't think we'll see the Olympics in London again.

They wouldn't be able to stage it at the existing Olympic Park, most of it has been built on, or will be built on.

Don't think there's anywhere else in the city it could be staged either.

They can turf out Wembley

My point was that regardless of your views on this issue, it's definitely not anyone else's place on here to question how she identifies gender wise. I was responding to a poster who incorrectly said she doesn't identify as a woman away from athletics. She does.

The extent to which her testosterone levels affect her performance is still not known for sure. It's also interesting to me that we don't have this debate around male athletes with above normal levels of naturally occurring testosterone.

Like I say, I can't make my own mind up about it. I mean, is there even such thing as a level playing field in athletics? Athletes across the board have all kinds of genetic quirks that give them an "unfair" advantage over others, is there not an argument that this is just another of those?

It's an interesting debate, one unfortunately which might not have a satisfactory answer that suits everyone. It'd be cool if we could all at least agree to afford those involved a level of dignity and respect though. We could maybe lose those unnecessary quotation marks around the "she" and "hers" for a start.
You make some excellent points and it is a very touchy subject.

It just does not fit well with me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.