ian brightwell old trafford goal 1990

Happy days i was in the seats when most stood up in those days.My mate got chucked out when united scored cos there was a united fan in our end which he took exception too !! So he missed brightwells screamer,the copper let him back in after we scored though

I was there that day , behind that goal , it was like a fuckin' madhouse when Brightwell scored that goal ........

and yes , i see what you mean about Clive Allen , nice coat .... but he always was the classy sort on the pitch , and he probably dressed a bit different to others too.

I remember that one well too because I was stuck down the other end among all the Stretfords. Cracking goal, but had to stay quiet!

Likewise I was sat in the main stand surrounded by Rags, I can remember letting out a scream of delight when i got back to my car.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:14 pm --<br /><br />Likewise I was sat in the main stand surrounded by Rags, I can remember letting out a scream of delight when i got back to my car.

black mamba said:
I was there that day , behind that goal , it was like a fuckin' madhouse when Brightwell scored that goal ........

and yes , i see what you mean about Clive Allen , nice coat .... but he always was the classy sort on the pitch , and he probably dressed a bit different to others too.

I was directly in the line of the shot - would have took my head off without a net and fencing!

What I remember most what that I clearly saw Leighton get a couple of fingertips to it and slightly change the direction of the ball.
Yet when I watched it again on telly (over and over with a big grin on my face) this doesnt come across.

Any time people mention on here the difference between going to a game and not I always think back to that.

Lucky Toma said:
black mamba said:

I was directly in the line of the shot - would have took my head off without a net and fencing!

What I remember most what that I clearly saw Leighton get a couple of fingertips to it and slightly change the direction of the ball.
Yet when I watched it again on telly (over and over with a big grin on my face) this doesnt come across.

Any time people mention on here the difference between going to a game and not I always think back to that.

You musta been stood next to me pal, I was right in line too. I didn't notice Leighton touch it or I can't remember but as soon as Brighty hit it we knew it was going in.

Special moment.

I was in the City seats in the Main stand. Watching the lads celebrate like that brings back memories of that good awful scoreboard end.

I was on the car park outside celebrating this goal. Thousands of blues had tried and failed to get tickets from touts on the forecourt and , despite a small crowd, none were available. I was in the car waiting for mates who had tickets. Looked round and loads of other blues in the car park were also going mad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.