Inclusivity in the Premier League

How many elite footballers are openly gay?
Openly as in that you know they're gay, or that all of their close family and friends know that they are?

It really is no one else's business what so ever, and if I was a footballer I'd hopefully feel as though I could be open with my family and friends; but I'm not sure I'd be that fussed about a few guys on the Internet being aware.

Have to say, I would disagree with the first of the "don't say" points. If you're playing for City, and you're taking care of business on the pitch, I don't give a toss what colour you are, what religion (if any) you follow or who you sleep with. What you do on the pitch is the bottom line for me. Nothing else.
....and that is the be all, and end all of it ;)
Same in any profession.

Have to say, I would disagree with the first of the "don't say" points. If you're playing for City, and you're taking care of business on the pitch, I don't give a toss what colour you are, what religion (if any) you follow or who you sleep with. What you do on the pitch is the bottom line for me. Nothing else.

This is a very understandable opinion and very much the ideal we’re all striving for. The issue is that people need to care about identity precisely because not everybody thinks like you… As demonstrated by the comments section on pretty much any rainbow post on a PL team’s page.

If we were just to gloss over these differences and all pretend to be “blind” to it then we’re not actually helping, we’re just ignoring the reality of people’s very real problems. These are problems that need solving and to solve them we have to acknowledge they exist. We need to accept that people simply are different, and for some those differences hinder them in life, because we don’t live in a utopia. As long as there are people around who discriminate, we need to care about identity. But hopefully one day we won’t need to.

This is a very understandable opinion and very much the ideal we’re all striving for. The issue is that people need to care about identity precisely because not everybody thinks like you… As demonstrated by the comments section on pretty much any rainbow post on a PL team’s page.

If we were just to gloss over these differences and all pretend to be “blind” to it then we’re not actually helping, we’re just ignoring the reality of people’s very real problems. These are problems that need solving and to solve them we have to acknowledge they exist. We need to accept that people simply are different, and for some those differences hinder them in life, because we don’t live in a utopia. As long as there are people around who discriminate, we need to care about identity. But hopefully one day we won’t need to.
We'll never be totally free of the small minded bigots.

How many would that be? A handful?

That's the thing isn't it, there could be posts from the African continent or from Asia etc and those comments just get attributed to football in this country or football in general.

The naivety in believing that there will be a world where people wont discriminate is absurd, all I know is the massive majority of people in this country don't discriminate in general and it's about as good as it gets.

The world is full of cunts but constantly reminding people who aren't cunts to stop being cunts is counterproductive and just plain wrong.

Just go be gay, its 2023 nobody fucking cares, just stop going on and on and on and on about it. I hate the weird obsession with forcing Muslim players to wear rainbow gear aswell. Just leave people alone, if they do something homophobic punish them. A forced protest is just bizarre to me

Just go be gay, its 2023 nobody fucking cares, just stop going on and on and on and on about it. I hate the weird obsession with forcing Muslim players to wear rainbow gear aswell. Just leave people alone, if they do something homophobic punish them. A forced protest is just bizarre to me
Until footballers feel comfortable enough to be open about their sexuality then there are plenty of people who care.

“on and on and on about it” - what? With one game a season where they highlight inclusivity? I find your comment quite bizarre myself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.