Inclusivity in the Premier League

I don't think it makes me a bad person to genuinely not give a shit who a player gets into bed with.

The premier league would be spouting anti-gay stuff if that was the norm, do people honestly think they care?

Until footballers feel comfortable enough to be open about their sexuality then there are plenty of people who care.

“on and on and on about it” - what? With one game a season where they highlight inclusivity? I find your comment quite bizarre myself.

There just aren't that many gay footballers, maybe one or two in the entire football league if that. Its a weird fantasy people have that their are some secret gay footballers living in denial in every dressing room.

Do we have a big inclusivity drive for more gay builders or tree surgeons or horse vetenarians? Why does it matter! I just don't see the relevance.

Justin Fashanu was a tragic tale but that was a problem with how a religious family with Afro-caribbean roots deals with homosexuality. His teammates were more supportive than his own brother was!

Just go be gay, its 2023 nobody fucking cares, just stop going on and on and on and on about it. I hate the weird obsession with forcing Muslim players to wear rainbow gear aswell. Just leave people alone, if they do something homophobic punish them. A forced protest is just bizarre to me
Yep. If, for example, a Muslim* player doesn't want to wear the laces due to their religion seeing homosexuality as a "sin" (as small minded as that seems to many people), those players shouldn't be made to feel any compulsion to wear them. Or be made to feel guilty because they didn't wear them.

*I only used the example of Muslim players as that was the religion used in the post I quoted. Other religions that view homosexuality in the same light. Hard line Presbyterian, and old school catholics, to name but two.

Yep. If, for example, a Muslim* player doesn't want to wear the laces due to their religion seeing homosexuality as a "sin" (as small minded as that seems to many people), those players shouldn't be made to feel any compulsion to wear them. Or be made to feel guilty because they didn't wear them.

*I only used the example of Muslim players as that was the religion used in the post I quoted. Other religions that view homosexuality in the same light. Hard line Presbyterian, and old school catholics, to name but two.

But that's it isn't it? Giving people special permission not to join in the inclusivity because of a reason as crap as a spirit told them they can't.

It's like having a note from your mam so you don't have to do PE.

There just aren't that many gay footballers, maybe one or two in the entire football league if that. Its a weird fantasy people have that their are some secret gay footballers living in denial in every dressing room.

Do we have a big inclusivity drive for more gay builders or tree surgeons or horse vetenarians? Why does it matter! I just don't see the relevance.

Justin Fashanu was a tragic tale but that was a problem with how a religious family with Afro-caribbean roots deals with homosexuality. His teammates were more supportive than his own brother was!
1: You’ve got absolutely no fucking clue how many gay footballers there are because they don’t feel they can be open about their sexuality. That’s the whole fucking point. There’s precisely 1 openly openly gay footballer from 2,300 registered pros in the top four divisions.

Studies put the percentage of homosexual males at roughly 5%. That would mean that on average, there would be approximately 115 homosexual male professional footballers in league football in England.

It’s no “fantasy” to suggest that the number of footballers feeling unable to come out and be open about their sexuality and choice of partner is greater than 1 and closer to 115 times that number. To suggest otherwise and to throw in the loaded term “fantasy” is a misnomer and more to the point, a cunts trick.

We don’t need inclusivity for builders or tree surgeons as 50,000 don’t sit and watch them work whilst making vile chants about their sexuality or perceived sexuality. Just as we don’t sit there and chant their wives “take it up the arse” whilst they work.

It would appear that the inclusivity game week is working a treat as some knuckle daggers have absolutely zero understanding of all, or even any, of the above.

Last edited:

That’s fine, they can go and play in a league that matches their stone aged views on society.

But that's it isn't it? Giving people special permission not to join in the inclusivity because of a reason as crap as a spirit told them they can't.

It's like having a note from your mam so you don't have to do PE.

Ironically it was usually the gay lads who had that note in school, alongside the Muslim lads who had no energy for it during Ramadan.

1: You’ve got absolutely fucking clue how many gay footballers there are because they don’t feel they can be open about their sexuality. That’s the whole fucking point. There’s precisely 1 openly openly gay footballer from 2,300 registered pros in the top four divisions.

Studies but the percentage of homosexual males at roughly 5%. That would mean that on average, there would be approximately 115 homosexual male professional footballers in league football in England.

It’s no “fantasy” to suggest that the number of footballers feeling unable to come out and be open about their sexuality and choice of partner is greater than 1 and closer to 115 times that number. To suggest otherwise and to throw in the loaded term “fantasy” is a misnomer and more to the point, a cunts trick.

We don’t need inclusivity for builders or tree surgeons as 50,000 don’t sit and watch them work whilst making vile chants about their sexuality or perceived sexuality. Just as we don’t sit there and chant their wives “take it up the arse” whilst they work.

It would appear that the inclusivity game week is working a treat as some knuckle daggers have absolutely zero understanding of all, or even any, of the above.

Yeah mate, of course. Everyone of those 'knuckle-draggers' is also secretly homosexual aswell I suppose, thats the next logical leap all these armchair sociologists like yourself usually land on. Have fun fighting the good fight. I'm obviously too thick and working class for you.

Yeah mate, of course. Everyone of those 'knuckle-draggers' is also secretly homosexual aswell I suppose, thats the next logical leap all these armchair sociologists like yourself usually land on. Have fun fighting the good fight. I'm obviously too thick and working class for you.
No but you’re building your own strawmen to argue against. Your posts (to me and others) also suggest you’re probably a homophobe. But that’s got nothing to do with you being working class or thick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.