Internationals and the effect they have on City and other clubs

Actually as far as I know if an injury is lengthy than the FA responsible is supposed to pay wages of that player.
That can't be right surely? It could cost millions in wages if Messi or shrek got injured for any length of time.

My theory on it all is that the main thing football fans want is success and glory. If you support a team like, say, Darlington, your not likely to ever see silverware so you invest more effort into supporting your national team as they have the better chance at seeing at least a modicum of success.

However, when your club has a regular chance of seeing silverware, the need diminishes to support your national team because you get everything you need from your club side.

For me, my passion for England has diminished as our beloved blues have become better and better

Won't be long before clubs have their way with this. A major overhaul is coming and has already been discussed.

Plans to eliminate qualification, allowing a shortened domestic season followed by international season april-may for tournaments

Won't be long before clubs have their way with this. A major overhaul is coming and has already been discussed.

Plans to eliminate qualification, allowing a shortened domestic season followed by international season april-may for tournaments
About time. Why the hell England have to play the likes of San Marino and Estonia I'll never know. England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium should all qualify automatically, and let the minnows play qualifiers.

Despise international breaks. Two this season and we've already had 3 players crocked, fucking shit games and shit competitions

Actually as far as I know if an injury is lengthy than the FA responsible is supposed to pay wages of that player.

That can't be right surely? It could cost millions in wages if Messi or shrek got injured for any length of time.
Not sure if it is correct, but it would only be fair it was true. Why should a club have to pay the wages of a player that they can't use, because he got injured playing for his country? Talk about a double whammy. And yes, I'm aware of how hard that could hit a poor country with a stellar player (the Ivory Coast with Toure, for example). Tough. National associations are benefitting greatly from the coaching and playing at a high level that their players are receiving at the top clubs, and (as far as I'm aware) they pay next to nothing for it. If a player gets injured while playing for his country, it's only fair that the club is compensated in some way for that. Even a compromise like the country paying 50% of the wages for the time the player is unavailable. Perhaps do it through an insurance policy taken out by the relevant FA.

Hard to complain about international injuries after that ridiculous pre-season schedule.

About time. Why the hell England have to play the likes of San Marino and Estonia I'll never know. England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium should all qualify automatically, and let the minnows play qualifiers.

hate international football but isn't this the reason why we call the champions league top teams guaranteed to get through to final rounds

Big problem for us with out S Americans having to shuttle across time zones several times a year. Sitting on a plane for 15+ hrs twice in a week (or shorter sometimes) does nothing for their fitness apart from the injuries.
It's time the clubs put their foot down and stipulated a maximum amount of international games any players are allowed to play. It should be written into the contracts and any more should be at the club's disgression. This would put an end to players being used for insignificant games.
It's costing the clubs big money now and ultimately as the players' main employers they should be calling the shots.

The English FA pay each player a £1000, which in recent years squads have donated their match fee to charities of their choice. Bit like our £3 charity donation. Insurance kicks in if a player is injured on international duties to cover some of the losses to their club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.