Internationals and the effect they have on City and other clubs

Firstly, I have no problem with the English National Team. My views are that Int. Football in 2015 is literally pointless as it was an initial tool for Diplomacy amongst nations.
in 2015 this planet is much more diversified, multi-cultural with people from all over the world living in different countries.
More and more people speak different languages, have family in other countries and so on.
There is no need for international football in 2015 - other than to line the fat pockets of The FA and their corporate sponsors.
It isn't a mistake why we are constantly bombarded and enticed to buy a Vauxhall car whilst eating a Mars Bar during England games.

Our own fop flight national league only had %29 British playing in it last week.
Who would you say was English and started for City last week? Joe Hart and Raheem Sterling.... Raheem's Mother is Jamaican, so that leaves Joe Hart
and if you only go back a few hundred years you'll see where his blonde hair originates from the invading bastard :D

Seriously though, Lads from all different countries compete and train with each other on a regular basis in leagues throughout the world.
There is just no need for international football as it's already going on at club level.
Sure only a few years ago before the advent of Tv Broadcasting rights it was rare you'd see a "Foreigner" in the leagues.

Today, it's more of a rariety if you see an English player in the top flight.

I'm proud to be English - that is completely seperate from my views of football.
And I don't have to sing a fucking song dedicated to some German freeloading woman to show my national pride.

If the national anthem was Jerusalem I would sing it.

And for the record - I've been all over watching England. I haven't just been a Sofa Viewer, wearing an England shirt if we are winning... I'll watch England but it's something I disagree with.... I no longer attend matches for a combination of reasons including how corrupt it is ( we all know Rooney would not be the goldenboy if he had stayed at Everton)
And that fucking awful band.... AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHH! try standing in the fucking stadium next to that bastard band.
Fucking awful.

Tv on mute!

the majority of the england team is english even sterling who you name has very strong link to england. So what if theres no England players in the city team ? yes its 2015 again why does that mean there shouldnt be international football. The majority of the population of england is english _ again dont see what thats got to do with supporting them. your justification to not support england is that you dont like the queen - not really football related, the england band and we already have international players n the league. you mentioned to line the fa's pockets swell- isn't that already happening at city ? and every other club they only care about our money.

england is my country and i get behind them just like i do with city. fair enough if you dont mate

About time. Why the hell England have to play the likes of San Marino and Estonia I'll never know. England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium should all qualify automatically, and let the minnows play qualifiers.
That is for me everything that is wrong with football, it is exactly what platini did with FFP and what the likes of The Rags and Madrid want. I couldn't agree less ....... Though I am sure berlusconi, platini and David Gill would be delighted, the traditional big guns should after all have it all on a plate! Why not kill the international game too

Big problem for us with out S Americans having to shuttle across time zones several times a year. Sitting on a plane for 15+ hrs twice in a week (or shorter sometimes) does nothing for their fitness apart from the injuries.
It's time the clubs put their foot down and stipulated a maximum amount of international games any players are allowed to play. It should be written into the contracts and any more should be at the club's disgression. This would put an end to players being used for insignificant games.
It's costing the clubs big money now and ultimately as the players' main employers they should be calling the shots.

It can't be separated International football plus a big part in driving the profile of players and the clubs turnover - they are inter related

Sky running with the club v country row over vinny possibly playing for Belgium very Israel.

I beginning to think vinny leading on this one. He wants to play but really he should take a step back. I am selfish of course

Can someone tell me who pays players wages when they get injured on international duty. Club or Country?

Games are postponed for internationals, so if a certain amount of a teams players (Say 2 or more) are injured during those matches, postpone their next matches until the players are fit again. Before you all say it's not workable, I know it probably isn't. It boils my piss to hear that old fart Hodgson actually come out and say that he is not picking the granny shagger because "United have some important games coming up!" Are everybody else's games not important? I used to love watching England matches, but now every time and International break comes along I panic worrying about what has happened to our players this time. Also who is picking the team? Wilfred Zaha signed for the swamp rats and was immediately in the England squad. Now he's gone back to Palace and playing well again and he is nowhere near the squad, and don't try to tell me that if Phil Neville hadn't played for the scum he would have ever played for them. Arrghhhh, I'm off for a lie down in a dark room till the weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.