Is now the time to consider Mancini's tenure at the club

BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:
Really ? I'm not big on answering questions. Fucking laughable Andy. Ask me something I've not already answered a million times and you might get a straight answer.
Just that one will do thanks

If any manager failed to get past teams like Ajax, Lisbon, or Napoli, and spent three seasons failing in Europe I'd say they're not up to the job of managing City.

Funny how you and your mates are so obsessed with Mourinho. You are aware that in my list of possible city managers he's a distant third.

Have you not figured out why Mourinho is so hated by many on here yet?

BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:
Really ? I'm not big on answering questions. Fucking laughable Andy. Ask me something I've not already answered a million times and you might get a straight answer.

If any manager failed to get past teams like Ajax, Lisbon, or Napoli, and spent three seasons failing in Europe I'd say they're not up to the job of managing City.

Funny how you and your mates are so obsessed with Mourinho. You are aware that in my list of possible city managers he's a distant third.
Were you pissed off at Ajax? Cost me over a grand and felt privaliged to be there, didn't like the performance on the night but that's football for you.

Ps who are my mates?<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:10 pm --<br /><br />
BillyShears said:
andyhinch said:
BillyShears said:

Were you pissed off at Ajax? Cost me over a grand and felt privaliged to be there, didn't like the performance on the night but that's football for you.

Ps who are my mates?

BillyShears said:

Can I just ask why you base everything on European success, considering it is very early in our European pedigree?

The first season you talk about Mancini steered our team through 12 Europa League games, topped the group before finally losing to Dynamo Kiev where Mario stupidly got sent off. That game was played 3 days after our quarter final win which took us to Wembley where we beat the Rags before going onto win our first trophy in 35 years. The dates for the quarter finals of the Europa were actually the 7th and 14th of April, the return leg being 2 days before the FA Semi-finalso in my book it wasn't a failure it was more of a god send. We also secured our first ever Champions League qualification by finishing 3rd so overall it was a fantastic season.

Last year we were a whisker away from hitting the groups against some very good teams, that's why they classed it as the group of death. For the first year in the CL we did quite well I thought but what the hell did it matter, we won our first Premier league and top flight title for 44years. Another fantastic season.

I'll give you this year mate but I'll also put the quality of opposition in as a caveat. Dortmund look the nuts after their first year of not getting out of the groups, finishing last just like we did this (didn't get out of Europa League group the season before). And Real, one of the biggest, if not thee biggest club in the world with huge CL pedigree and the 'Special One' at it's helm. We realistically lost to them by one goal over the 2 legs, a goal that either Vince Kompany should've stood up to or Joe Hart should've saved.

We've not been at our best this season, not aided by the lack of quality transfer activilty but we are still riding high in the league. Talking as if we've failed miserably in Europe cannot just be taking as granted. Other factors have to be taken into consideration and the fact that we've walked away with 2 trophies in those 2 European years you talk about does nothing more than make your debate very one sided in an attempt to discredit all else that has happened to our club in the same period.

If you asked me 'Europa or FA Cup' and 'CL or PL' as each of the seasons started I would have said domestic trophies everytime, and it wouldn't have been an expectation, it would've been a hope.

The Future's Blue said:
BillyShears said:

Can I just ask why you base everything on European success, considering it is very early in our European pedigree?

The first season you talk about Mancini steered our team through 12 Europa League games, topped the group before finally losing to Dynamo Kiev where Mario stupidly got sent off. That game was played 3 days after our quarter final win which took us to Wembley where we beat the Rags before going onto win our first trophy in 35 years. The dates for the quarter finals of the Europa were actually the 7th and 14th of April, the return leg being 2 days before the FA Semi-finalso in my book it wasn't a failure it was more of a god send. We also secured our first ever Champions League qualification by finishing 3rd so overall it was a fantastic season.

Last year we were a whisker away from hitting the groups against some very good teams, that's why they classed it as the group of death. For the first year in the CL we did quite well I thought but what the hell did it matter, we won our first Premier league and top flight title for 44years. Another fantastic season.

I'll give you this year mate but I'll also put the quality of opposition in as a caveat. Dortmund look the nuts after their first year of not getting out of the groups, finishing last just like we did this (didn't get out of Europa League group the season before). And Real, one of the biggest, if not thee biggest club in the world with huge CL pedigree and the 'Special One' at it's helm. We realistically lost to them by one goal over the 2 legs, a goal that either Vince Kompany should've stood up to or Joe Hart should've saved.

We've not been at our best this season, not aided by the lack of quality transfer activilty but we are still riding high in the league. Talking as if we've failed miserably in Europe cannot just be taking as granted. Other factors have to be taken into consideration and the fact that we've walked away with 2 trophies in those 2 European years you talk about does nothing more than make your debate very one sided in an attempt to discredit all else that has happened to our club in the same period.

If you asked me 'Europa or FA Cup' and 'CL or PL' as each of the seasons started I would have said domestic trophies everytime, and it wouldn't have been an expectation, it would've been a hope.

No offence but there's little point in me replying to your post. We'll go round in ever decreasing circles. Everyone knows how I feel about Mancini. I'm entitled to my opinion and I've given countless reasons countless times. Disagree to your hearts content.

Just try and do it without telling me to go support Chelsea or suggest I'm a glory hunter ... ;)

The Future's Blue said:
BillyShears said:

A bit more than 'a hope' from our owners point of view I reckon (& from mine) considering the amount of investment that's been put in.

You've discussed some of the teams/games we've played but not Napoli or Ajax.

Anyway, for me it's not a question that Mancini is a poor manager, he's a v good one. And even though it amounts to the same thing I think of it not as 'do you think Mancini should be sacked?' and instead 'if an even better manager is available and wants to come, would you change managers?'
To steal from an earlier post;
Should we sell Silva ? No
Should we sell Silva & if it means we replace with Messi? Er, ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.