Islamic Terrorism: is religion/belief no matter how misguided, the main motivator?

It's an awful situation, that is beyond doubt, but just blaming 'us' (as in the Western world) is off the mark imo.

Question.... who are these people fleeing from in the first instance? Answer.... terrorists killing them in their own countries who are driven by religious ideology.

Another question... if the reason you give is the biggest motivator for the terrorists then why, since the year 2000 have their been Islamist terrorist attacks in the following (non-Western) countries...

Malaysia
Yemen
Indonesia
India
Bangladesh
Phllipines
Pakistan
Iraq
Afghanistan
Tunisia
Kuwait
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Kenya
Morocco
Turkey
Egypt
Lebanon
Jordan
Somalia
Uganda
China
Nigeria
Syria
Niger
Australia
UAE
Cameroon
Chad
Mali
Burkina Faso
Ivory Coast

?

Many, many thousands more people have been killed in these countries than in attacks in the West. This implies that religion is more of a motivator than anything else for these fuckers.

Truly excellent post, mate.

There should be no religious education taught at any school. None. If people want to practice faith they can do so in their own time and expense

That goes for catholic schools, Jewish schools, c of e school and Muslim schools.

It just creates divisions from an early age and teaching of one faith.

How can we create a multicultural society when we stick them in silos from age of 4.

Also I am still not sure how any religion reconciles the existence of dinasour fossils and bones with their religious texts, but hey I am sure there is a convenient excuse.
I went to a Catholic school in East Didsbury back in the 1980s. Don't to remember being taught to disrespect anyone none catholic or any other race / colour / creed for that matter and strangely, no mention of infidels or the "kuffir". Meanwhile over in West Didsbury.......

Whilst I agree it's good news, do you expect the end of IS when someone tweets a full green map? Surely IS are dispersed across several countries. Whack a mole?

No I expect that ISIS will be kicked out of Mosul when they tweet a full green map.

Because it's a map of the city of Mosul.

And ISIS are not dispersed over several countries unless you count Syria, then a piece of land in Iraq that's got about 6 goats and a bit of sand in it.

No I expect that ISIS will be kicked out of Mosul when they tweet a full green map.

Because it's a map of the city of Mosul.

And ISIS are not dispersed over several countries unless you count Syria, then a piece of land in Iraq that's got about 6 goats and a bit of sand in it.
Radical "blow lots of people up" Islam isn't confined to there, pointless really tweeting maps of IS, the territory war is now meaningless

Radical "blow lots of people up" Islam isn't confined to there, pointless really tweeting maps of IS, the territory war is now meaningless

Happily, every major military power in the world doesn't think so which is why they're all in there. Your reply is like saying that because we need a new defence, we shouldn't bother signing a right back. You eat a whale one bite at a time.

and it's well known and reported that IS have been decamping to Libya for a couple of years now.

ISIS can't even get out of Raqqa at the moment, have been kicked out of Mosul pretty much and have just had to flee to Al'Qaim. They're not in Libya nor would they be welcomed there because the major jihad alliances there are all Al'Qaeda. An ISIS affiliate had a very small presence outside Benghazi a few months back but aren't a major threat in the area.

Libya's a different problem than ISIS. And if you really want to start looking at the next big problem then Al'Qaeda's affiliates in Western Africa or much more pressing and problematic, Ansar al-Sharia are going to swoop in and pick up the pieces. There's good evidence to suggest recently that Ansar are moving from as loose affiliated group of different jihadists to something with an organised Command and Control structure, but the internal politics of how they would either co-exist or Al'Qaeda isn't clear to anything I've read. They're beginning to outgrow Al'Qaeda as the dominant alliance in the Libya region already and how that pans out is anybody's guess.

The UAE is about to become a problematic zone though. They're generally pretty heavy handed which cuts down on it a lot but after Al'Qaeda have been taking a real big fancy to them recently and their support of Yemen. Can imagine much more attacks moving that way after ISIS is defeated in NW Iraq.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.