Jack Byrne

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by leighton, 5 Feb 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leighton

leighton

Has any of you guys seen this lad play?? Seen him play for the Irish teams at youth level and looks like he can pick a pass. Also seems to have something about him. Not going to say he will make to the squad but a prospect from what I seen. Just would love to know if any of you guys that watch the teams EDS and what you think of him.

2. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Samaritan
    He's had a lot of good reviews from the guys who watch the youngsters play regularly
    They often say he's been the stand out performer

3. Damocles

Damocles

Good article on him here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jack-byrne-impressing-manchester-city-6262718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ty-6262718</a>

He also played in the U-18 derby, the highlights are on the other thread

4. leighton

leighton

Will have a look at the highlights only a young lad but you look at Lopes and Huws all getting a chance in the league cup whos to say Jack wont get a push into that team in a year or 2 time so young only 17 or 18 bright future and to be talked so highly from Vieria is such high praise and hopefully more to come from this kid.

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

He looks absolute class to me. Like a typical Barca player.

Eyes in the back of his head so he is happy to recieve the ball under pressure & trust himself to get a pass away, a little bit like Ali Benarbia would.

It's hard to say whether he will make it at City though for the simple reason of his physical size & the position he plays. He usually plays deeper than Silva for instance. Not sure if he moved forward, whether he has the kind of genius required to play that role in our team, but wouldn't write it off either.

The problem he could have playing deep in the Premier League, was highlighted on Monday, with 3 Chelsea players bulldozing through Yaya Toure. No way could he match that physically.

BUT, if he can one day make the transition to the top level, in a City team which played in a Barca style, he is the sort of player who could take the ball off Joe Hart & find passes & angles to get us playing from the back, even under pressure, so totally outwitting the Chelsea type bulldozer.

Unless he has some big setback, he will be a class player for someone imo. It's just whether it will be in the Prem, at City or not.

Great prospect.

6. BigOscar

BigOscar

He's still not established himself in the EDS starting line up yet, so it's still very early, but from the little I've seen of him he's looked class. A very un-British player, taking up intelligent positions deep with his head up and always looking for his teammates. Great to see these sort of players in our academy as opposed to the usual physical players

7. leighton

leighton

I heard he had offers from a number of top clubs around England before he went to City. Yes he seems a good player. Still think muscle and power is still to come still only playing U19s or whatever it is and the power and strenght will come as well. Learning from Silva and Nasri and Yaya will bring him on if he trains with the first team. Might be 1 of those players who can play well in any team.<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:09 pm --<br /><br />Well congrats to Jack on being name Irish under 17 player of the year. So glad to see a blue player getting a award.

8. CELTICRORY

CELTICRORY

As an Irishman i'm interested in this lad, especially after his Tour Diaries from this summer, anyone tell me how good he is/could be?

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Thread here mate from a few months back
    <a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=297116&p=7525200&hilit=jack+byrne#p7525200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=297116&p=7525200&hilit=jack+byrne#p7525200</a>

10. CELTICRORY

CELTICRORY

Cheers! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.