Jan Vertonghen

Ntini77 said:
I remain unconvinced that he would oust Lescott from our team. However, he would make a great utility player.
He would oust Lescott easily. I believe most realize this, and hence why they'd rather we didn't try to get him.

Dax777 said:
Ntini77 said:
I remain unconvinced that he would oust Lescott from our team. However, he would make a great utility player.
He would oust Lescott easily. I believe most realize this, and hence why they'd rather we didn't try to get him.
¿Qué?

Jumanji said:
Dax777 said:
Ntini77 said:
¿Qué?
I know most disagree, and think Lescott is better or if not, think it would be close. I am not one of those. I believe JV is just far superior.

For me, it is like comparing Pizzaro of 5 years ago to De Jong on our squad. Most would swear by De Jong being great, but Pizzaro (or better yet Gohkan Inler) is just a far superior player to De Jong and would probably easily bench him, were he to come to City even though De Jong is probably a better tackler.

JV is smarter on and off the ball, has better footballing knowledge, leadership skills, positioning, vision, ball skills, and is a more aggressive tackler. The only quality I rate Lescott better at is "headed clearances." I thing JV is simply vastly superior in most of the other categories.

He may be slightly better than Lescott, but to be fair it would not be a big enough upgrade to warrant spending. The improvement would be marginal. Hummels and Howedes are upgrades without question (not a big fan of T Silva as he has a poor left foot and for those who watch him they will already know this).

Mad 4 It said:
He may be slightly better than Lescott, but to be fair it would not be a big enough upgrade to warrant spending. The improvement would be marginal. Hummels and Howedes are upgrades without question (not a big fan of T Silva as he has a poor left foot and for those who watch him they will already know this).

...and a poor head (mentally)...

Neville Kneville said:
Lescott is currently a better defender in the Premier League than Verthongen is in the Erdivise.

Nowhere near as good on the ball but currently miles better as a defender.
This is a fallacy. Lescott is an average defender on a great team. JV is a good defender on a poor defensive team.

Dax777 said:
Neville Kneville said:
Lescott is currently a better defender in the Premier League than Verthongen is in the Erdivise.

This is a fallacy. Lescott is an average defender on a great team. JV is a good defender on a poor defensive team.

Martinez or VJ ?

Dax777 said:
Neville Kneville said:

It's easier to shine in an average team than in a great team such as Man City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.