January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we need to be spending less over the next 2 year imo. just on key positions that need addressing. maybe left back ?. we should be bringing through some of our young players - foden in particular.

When does fernandihno contract run out?
Next summer, but I guess he'll be offered an extension to become backup/rotation DM.
we need to be spending less over the next 2 year imo. just on key positions that need addressing. maybe left back ?. we should be bringing through some of our young players - foden in particular.
I think LB, DM, CD and forward are key positions that could/should be improved by future transfers.

Expect us to bring in Sanchez either in January or the summer, an LB in January, a CB (or two) in the summer, and a pivot in the summer. That should have us covered. Think Douglas Luiz will be a part of the first team next year as well.

I think Delph very well may stay, although at least if he leaves he's increasing his transfer price by the game. Definitely expect us to sell Hart, Mangala, Denayer, Roberts, possibly Maffeo, and possibly some other players that are on the fringe of the academy/not good enough for the first team (i.e. Barker, Celina, Yeboah, Angelino, Bryan, ASB).

We really did clear out a ton of dead weight this past summer, so much that there isn't a whole lot left. Shifting on Bony, Nasri, Kolarov, Fernando, Nolito, and not renewing the five we let go was a great summer sales-wise by Txiki, especially if you include the club record fee we received for Kelechi.

For the first time since the takeover we have a young squad with strength in depth. All being well the squad will only need a slight tweak each transfer window with aim not to end up with a situation similar to last year where we ended up four full backs thirty and over. Over the course of the next two windows we will need a Fernandinho replacement, another left back and potentially two centre backs. In terms of player out going theres only the Mangler and Joe Hart left who are surplus to requirements with the squad no longer having any bench fodder like Navas, Bony or Fernando who were never really good enough for where we wanted to be. I'd like Yaya to be kept on at the club in a similar ambassador role to that of Paddy when he retired. Who better to sell the club to up and coming talent from across Africa than the continent's most successful player.

We are looking very powerful at the moment and I just hope this time we don't take our eye of the ball and we go for the jugular. Fingers crossed for quadruple.

Out will be Mangala and Yaya, Hart and Bravo-
Delph is a great utility player and can see him staying. I think Vincent is on his last stand (sadly).
We urgently need a bck up striker (as Kuns taxi incident shows) - probs sanchez and a proper left back. Come summer we then need a dm and two centre backs.
I have a feeling Kun may go - in which case we need a world class striker (Messi would be nice :-) )
David Silva and Fernandhino have a limited life span and need help to extend playing career. Silva is already covered. Dihno has Gun but not a like for like back up. Which ever way you look at - one/two reasonable transfer windows and we are set for next 5 or 6 seasons.....

think we will target 4 players over the next 2 windows.

Left Back
Centre Back
Centre Midfield
Forward

the only trouble with the suggestions being made is the non home grown quota being too full.

we currently have the maximum of 17 non home grown players, and 4 home grown players in the first team squad.

of those non home grown players, its feasible for Toure, Mangala & Zinchenko to be leaving in the next 12 months, but I can't see any of the other 14 leaving (possible Bravo - but we would need to replace him with a similar, probably non home grown keeper - can't see Gunn making the step up just yet)

so I don't think we will be signing 4 'foreign' players, and can only sign a home grown player if one of Walker, Stones, Delph or Sterling leave.

so I don't think we will be signing 4 'foreign' players, and can only sign a home grown player if one of Walker, Stones, Delph or Sterling leave.
Sorry, why do you think so? I thought for PL we can register 17 foreign players and up to 8 homegrown ones (max squad size is 25 players). Same rule apply to CL with slight nuances. Am I wrong?

2 central defenders, 2 midfielders, and a leftback. Unless one of the defenders or midfielders can deputize at LB.

Still can't believe we went into the season with just 2 CB's that Pep trusts (excluding VK who is never available for selection).

Sorry, why do you think so? I thought for PL we can register 17 foreign players and up to 8 homegrown ones (max squad size is 25 players). Same rule apply to CL with slight nuances. Am I wrong?
It's 4 association trained and 4 club trained for the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.