Jay Rodriguez charged by FA over racism allegation

dunno, I've just been waiting for Firmino to be banned, but only AFTER he scored against us to end our unbeaten run.
I just can't see it as the Ref was stood between them he is micd up and Firminio was shouting and it would have been heard by the other officials which makes me think nothing racial was said....also looking at the pictures of this incident he was speaking in Portuguese which may have led the Everton lad to think he said something he shouldn't of...just my opinion obviously so could be wide of the mark, but what would the FA gain by covering this up if there was a racial slur used

Allegedly said to Brighton’s Gaetan Bong “You are black and you stink”. Deserves a hefty ban if found guilty, the yonner twat.
Does that really sound correct to you? I mean, it doesn't actually sound anywhere near how someone would structure an insulting sentence.
It just doesn't flow, if you know what I'm saying.

But the reason you think it's been covered up is the same reason I don't think anything was said
If the Refs mic had picked up any racial language Firminos would have been charged as the evidence would have been heard by all 4 officials....a quick question what have the FA got to gain by sweeping this under the carpet?

No idea mate, media darlings? Another dipper player involved (Suarez) being the other. Maybe there’s no evidence and I’m barking up the wrong tree but Holgate was adamant and either way something should have come out by now, the fact it hasn’t makes me think something untoward was said, if it wasn’t why the delay?

No idea mate, media darlings? Another dipper player involved (Suarez) being the other. Maybe there’s no evidence and I’m barking up the wrong tree but Holgate was adamant and either way something should have come out by now, the fact it hasn’t makes me think something untoward was said, if it wasn’t why the delay?
I can see where you're coming from and I agree that the FA are a bunch of incompetent idiots at the best of times

Allegedly said to Brighton’s Gaetan Bong “You are black and you stink”. Deserves a hefty ban if found guilty, the yonner twat.
Sounds like an insult used by a 5 year old if proven.

Great to see the long line of people coming out on twitter and the like to inform us that Rodriguez isn't that sort of guy. Amazing how rarely people accused of racism are "that sort of guy". Even JT had plenty of people saying it.

Logically, I always find it pretty damning that someone accuses you in this sort of situation as they have absolutely nothing to gain and they know they will get a load of shit from knuckle draggers for even making the accusation. It's not like the ones where someone has done something wrong and says they were racially abused as an excuse/reason, Bong has no motive at all as far as I can, so he must clearly feel pretty strongly that Rodriguez said it. obviously that doesn't mean he has said it, but you'd have to feel pretty strongly to get involved in this sort of thing if you could avoid it.

Yonner? Just had to Google it. A derogatory term applied to someone who has been accused but not yet convicted seems a bit off given the context

I think you need to Google again. That's not what it means.

An unsophisticated resident of the towns of Oldham, Rochdale or surrounding areas. Now more widely applied to residents of any the satellite towns of Greater Manchester who speak with a broad Lancashire accent. A Lancashire hillbilly or bumpkin.

You misunderstand my point maybe. The guy is being accused of racism and condemned for it before it is proven but it is acceptable to label him a yonner. Well, I guess its not as bad as pikey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.