'Jo' Shares Some Moments from his Time at the Club

So who was that fucker in the Arndale if it wasn't Love?

I miss the heady days of those transfer windows. Benjani dozing off at the airport, Mido pissing off to the pyramids etc.

Going way off topic here, but, further back, the old transfer deadline day in March was good for the odd drama. And had things gone differently, two of our cult heroes from the 1990s and 200s may never have gained that status had things gone differently.

In 1994,we'd signed Uwe Rosler on loan after he scored twice for the reserves on trial, but his opening games in the senior side weren't a big success. On deadline day, we agreed a fee with Sheffield Wednesday for Mark Bright, but it was in the days before mobile phones were widespread. We were trying to contact him at home, he'd gone out somewhere, we couldn't reach him and the deal was never done. We stuck with Uwe, hit form, was signed permanently and won the hearts of the fans.

In 1998, trying desperately to save us from the drop to Division Two, Joe Royle agreed a fee with Leicester for Steve Claridge and he was set to sign. But Wolves came in for the player at the last minute and he opted to go there instead. Royle switched his sights to a certain Shaun Goater, who signed on deadline day.

I think he scored at Salzburg and in Cyprus too that season, his Europa goals are about the only decent thing I can remember from his time at City, in the Prem he was garbage.

Think he scored at Juventus too?

The match that was played in the Olympic stadium and there were more City fans there than Juve fans

Think he scored at Juventus too?

The match that was played in the Olympic stadium and there were more City fans there than Juve fans

I went to that and missed Jo's goal. I don't think I ever saw him score live, come to think of it I don't think I saw Santa Cruz core either

“In Robinho’s debut against Portsmouth in 2008 I scored my first goal with Manchester City’s shirt, but this game had a really funny story before......

Not how I remember it. Robihno's debut was against Chelsea
Was Portsmouth the home debut? Remember the match well, first one I took my son to.

Was Portsmouth the home debut? Remember the match well, first one I took my son to.

No. Robinho made his debut at home to Chelsea and scored, Jo also played in that game(Terry fouled him and was sent off)

Robinho got a hat trick against Pompey, but that was several weeks later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.