John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
what exactly are you expecting from him ?? 40 yard perfect passes to feet every time. he got critized for not clearing it when under pressure, now your criticizing him for doing that. not every pass can be perfect or set an attack up and when the defence is under pressure there isn't anything wrong with hoofing it down field. the majority of his passes aren't like that anyway. hes clearly comfortable with the ball at his feet. the way he plays and passes show that. pep one of the best managers in the world, whos whole tactics are based on players who are comfortable with there feet thinks he can do it.

we paid 47m because hes a talented young player that pep and most other top teams saw potential in. hes not the finished article, by any means. we paid huge money for sane, sterling, jesus - all potential and none are at there peak level, just like stones. give it time and have a little patience ;)
Sadly, patience is not well understood on here for new players

Mangala was absolutely dross at defending, I've no idea where this myth that he was okay has come from. He was absolutely shite. Valencia won't even pay £15m for him.
People who wanted him to come here often need something to hang on to. Of course he wasn't very good at defending. He was a hard-working student who was athletic and somewhat powerful. Mistake prone and quite jittery. He was a good tackler, but not half as good as Ota who gets slated here.

So I really don't fully understand that claim that he is a good defender.

A decent tackler, sure. A good defender is a bit of a stretch.

Mangala was absolutely dross at defending, I've no idea where this myth that he was okay has come from. He was absolutely shite. Valencia won't even pay £15m for him.

Different opinions, he was shite I admit that. As a defender, he could handle a physical battle and was overall quite sound. He was just a disaster waiting to happen every time he got on the ball.

His passing is fairly limited too..How often have you seen him play long balls a la what Kolarov does every game? How often have you seen him rasp one in to a forward player to set an attack off like Otamendi does. What have we played 47mil for? Because he is comfortable with a football at his feet? Adept at shielding the ball in and around our box?

Does Pep still call him over all the time to give him instructions etc?

Is there anyone in our squad you do like? You constantly snipe at almost every player, regularly make snide remarks about the manager, and even had a go at Gabriel Jesus for alleged feigning and diving (and he's not even played a minute in a match yet). You'll be getting a fucking thrombosis at this rate.

Is there anyone in our squad you do like? You constantly snipe at almost every player, regularly make snide remarks about the manager, and even had a go at Gabriel Jesus for alleged feigning and diving (and he's not even played a minute in a match yet). You'll be getting a fucking thrombosis at this rate.

I didnt have a go at Gabriel Jesus for it.. I just pointed out that he did it. And there is nothing alleged about it, he dives, though i'm sure he'll remove it from his game during his time here.

I criticise and praise in equal measure.. people just dont remember/pick up on the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.