John Stones - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Fucking depressing coming on here reading our own getting slagged off again.

Spent my whole life listening to rival fans slagging off City players, now it seems City fans slag off their own players more than rival fans do. I sometimes wish we were skint again.
I'll never understand this point of view, it's a forum, people are entitled to their opinions.
We rightly expect Partizan support at the match but if people feel the need to air criticism within reason, or praise for that matter, an online community should play that role.

I'll never understand this point of view, it's a forum, people are entitled to their opinions.
We rightly expect Partizan support at the match but if people feel the need to air criticism within reason, or praise for that matter, an online community should play that role.

Within reason is absolutely fine mate, my point was there are a number of posts here that are not within reason, they're castigating with little justification.

For example

"He's so far behind the other defenders in his age category it's ridiculous"

hes been absolutely slaughtered by the english press for months now. the first ten games for us he played well and from january he showed lots of potential and good games up until his injury. hes barely played a full 90 minutes in months and other players last night for who were terrible like dier and alli dont even get criticized. I think hes got the potential to be the best centre back at city. pep, khaldoon, lots of other top managers and clubs think that as well. we as fans need to get behind our player and stop jumping on the media bandwagon. the same thing happened with sterling - it doesnt matter how well he plays as soon as he has an off game, the haters come out.

He's not a good defender, he's probably not even been an average defender these last two years. He has the potential to be a great defender, but he's not showing it at all, he makes so many individual mistakes. Honestly this season is make or break for him, he has to at least show signs of progress. No amount of confidence on the ball will save him if he keeps making basic errors

hes been absolutely slaughtered by the english press for months now. the first ten games for us he played well and from january he showed lots of potential and good games up until his injury. hes barely played a full 90 minutes in months and other players last night for who were terrible like dier and alli dont even get criticized. I think hes got the potential to be the best centre back at city. pep, khaldoon, lots of other top managers and clubs think that as well. we as fans need to get behind our player and stop jumping on the media bandwagon. the same thing happened with sterling - it doesnt matter how well he plays as soon as he has an off game, the haters come out.

It's nothing to do with media & it's nothing to do with England, it just so happens he played for England last night.

His most recent City performance was a brief one of complete ineptitude, excused by him being absent for a while prior to it. Yet mysteriously, all the defensive faults prior to Kompany returning, suddenly reappeared when he went off.

If that is repeated next season when Kompany is missing, we may have to break the all time scoring record in order to be competitive.

The ratings from l'Equipe that don't have anything to do with an evil English press (also, take a note of fair assessment of Sterling's impact)
d53dabd573c0f8ce9307161f5ef6a544.jpg

there a load of shite swell. 3 ? yet dier who was directly at fault for the goal gets more and alli who did nothing gets 6. stones was not the worst player last night.

A bit generous with the Phil Jones rating. The whole defence at times looked shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.