Julian Weigl

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Bombo, 13 Jan 2016.

1. Dax777

Dax777

FDJ! He lives! The future at DM lives!!!

2. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

IMO FDJ is a fragile midfielder that will play further upfield in a tougher league. His skillset is of a typical Guardiola 8.
    Honest question: do you watch Eredivisie's full games? The league has declined, it's worse than Championship (I'm not joking). FDJ making Beckenbauer impression there means nothing.

3. Dax777

Dax777

It's just younger. The talent, technique, and tactical understanding on display is still of very high quality I

As for FDJ, I think he'd be just great at DM for us based on his akullses

Now why do you think FDJ is a fragile Midfielder?

4. Andrew___K

Andrew___K

Just my personal impression based on his appearance and the way he behaves in defensive 1-on-1s. I think Zinchenko looks as powerful as FDJ, and he regularly gets outmuscled by wingers. Another reason why FDJ won't be a DM: his trademark moves suit СМ/AM more, he's not a 'sitting' mid, shakes off opponents by accelerating into space, not by footwork.

I like both Weigl and FDJ, but don't see 'complete' DMs in them. Ideally, I'd like City to find someone combining Weigl's press-resistance with Dinho's ability to press across the pitch. That's why I've used Rijkaard as an example, the guy had Vieira's athleticism and pirloesque passing in one package. I know Pep sees the game in a different way, collective defending in his view replaces individual ability. But I'm still getting jealous watching that Milan side packed with defensive superstars (Rijkaard, Baresi, Maldini etc.). Really can't see anyone close to them in modern football. Perhaps Fred could be the solution, but only time will tell.

5. BlueindianNewcity

BlueindianNewcity

Any players with the potential for this combination ?
    Delle 'cnut' Alli ? :)

6. Fuzzy80

Fuzzy80

Only if we are dropping 1 of the more attacking players.

7. nmc

nmc

Mirror (yes I know!) saying we are in for him but BVB want £40m.

8. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one
    We should snap him up quick at that price before they sober up.

9. EL APACHE TEVEZ

EL APACHE TEVEZ

Drop of an hat for that price.

10. jay laruja

jay laruja

Given the talent and the teams involved, Weigl could cost at least 2 times the reported going price of Fred.