Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been a big fan of KDB for a few seasons now, I find it strange that he doesn't score the sort of goals he used to for Wolfsburg. He plays in a similar position but he never looks to shoot from 25-30 yards any more.

I know he always talks about how he likes to assist the goal scorers but when he was joining I was mostly looking forward to seeing him score some screamers for us as well as helping Aguero get another golden boot.

Not having a go, as I said, I'm a massive fan and I love the guy, but find it strange how he looks a different player for us than for Wolfsburg.

Having been a big fan of KDB for a few seasons now, I find it strange that he doesn't score the sort of goals he used to for Wolfsburg. He plays in a similar position but he never looks to shoot from 25-30 yards any more.
I think he's just a bit rusty having recently come back from injury.

Also - and I could be way off base here - he just seemed to be a bit overawed of Barca, not sure of himself. He seemed to lack the confidence that he was far better than anyone trying to defend him and that he was going to either score or make a killer pass.

I think he's just a bit rusty having recently come back from injury.

Also - and I could be way off base here - he just seemed to be a bit overawed of Barca, not sure of himself. He seemed to lack the confidence that he was far better than anyone trying to defend him and that he was going to either score or make a killer pass.
I can understand why he's a bit rusty at the minute, and he has been a fantastic player for us since he joined, it just confused me as to why he seems a different player in a City shirt.

Maybe it's just that at Wolfsburg he didn't feel under any sort of pressure or maybe he doesn't feel the need to score as often as before because of who he has playing in front of him now - he might prefer to assist - but some of the goals he used to score for Wolfsburg were incredible and I don't think we've seen that side of his game yet.

I know he always talks about how he likes to assist the goal scorers but when he was joining I was mostly looking forward to seeing him score some screamers for us as well as helping Aguero get another golden boot.

Not having a go, as I said, I'm a massive fan and I love the guy, but find it strange how he looks a different player for us than for Wolfsburg.
I thought his shot against Everton was unbelievable - I think we need to find a position for him and stick with it. It seems as if he is the one who is moved as he is very capable in several positions. One player who rarely dips below 8/10

I agree with the first but not the second, that is to say i agree that he score's fewer goals from longer range but i don't agree that he is not trying. Ive seen him do quite a number of attempts at those in a city shirt but i have also seen a number of keepers makign excellent saves at those, which is to say that Kev's shots in those instances were typicly chances he should have taken and executed to a level that we can expect from him, just that a number of bloody good keepers have stood in the way of those going in with unexpectingly good saves.

Maybe it's just that at Wolfsburg he didn't feel under any sort of pressure or maybe he doesn't feel the need to score as often as before because of who he has playing in front of him now - he might prefer to assist - but some of the goals he used to score for Wolfsburg were incredible and I don't think we've seen that side of his game yet.

At Wolfsburg Kev had a central role and inportance which he is less likely to get at city since there are many more great players on the pitch here. Kev pretty much had carte blanche at Wolfsburg in regards to tactics and i think it was what allowed Kev to bring the limited quality at Wolfsburg to another level. He played very centrally at Wolfsburg and was at the heart of pretty much every attack and goal.
I think that it's logical that Kev is a little bit more bound to team tactics at City since players like Silva and Kun deserve team tactics that also play to their individual strenghts.

However it seems to me that Kev is visibly growing in importance at city with the result of him playing a more central role in games. It is in this regard that i wouldn't agree with a sentiment that Kev's abbilety has been going down since Wolfsburg, au contraire!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.