Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not been on this thread in a while and i've noticed a couple more vids on the opening page (or am i imagining things?)
I've gone through the vid to stop buffering which is great but do I need this Acestreams installing? Whats it for ? Better quality streams? More reliable?

I've got about 6 devices in our house with this build on so I need to know how much time I'll have to put aside lol

Not been on this thread in a while and i've noticed a couple more vids on the opening page (or am i imagining things?)
I've gone through the vid to stop buffering which is great but do I need this Acestreams installing? Whats it for ? Better quality streams? More reliable?

I've got about 6 devices in our house with this build on so I need to know how much time I'll have to put aside lol
Acestream is p2p, kind of like torrenting so it does come with a bit of risk, I recommend using a VPN just to be 100% sure

You can usually get really good quality and less buffering with acestream but the downside is that there aren't as many links for the smaller games :)

Is there much difference in performance with say a firetv stick and a fire tv box using this?

Only ask because sometimes the fire to stick is a bit slow and struggles sometimes with live streams. Wondered if it's better to have a fire tv box for it instead and use the stick upstairs

Is there much difference in performance with say a firetv stick and a fire tv box using this?

Only ask because sometimes the fire to stick is a bit slow and struggles sometimes with live streams. Wondered if it's better to have a fire tv box for it instead and use the stick upstairs
My understanding is the box is more stable as it's connected to the router via Ethernet cable where as the stick is wifi. Personally though if you are going to spend £70ish on a fire TVs box i would be tempted to invest a little more on a Zgemma or the like.

It depends on the streams a lot also, have you tried private ones and they have struggled along with public ones?

Kodi loaded and running today for first time. BUT when I went to switch laptop on later it is locked in black screen with cursor. It is a glitch in Windows 10. I cannot understand any of the help tutorials to sort it. I cannot get any menu etc just black screen and cursor. HELP?

Kodi would definitely run smoother on it mate, but as @TCIB pointed out public streams aren't always necessarily stable and a supercomputer wouldn't fix buffering if it's the stream providers fault :)
I can't update my kodi version. I'm on 14.2 but when I try to update it says not installed as package of the same name exists

Edit. Done thanks to @prestonibbo_mcfc. Top man.
Glad prestonibbo sorted you out mate :)

Kodi loaded and running today for first time. BUT when I went to switch laptop on later it is locked in black screen with cursor. It is a glitch in Windows 10. I cannot understand any of the help tutorials to sort it. I cannot get any menu etc just black screen and cursor. HELP?
Is this on Kodi or just windows itself mate? I'm willing to help you out but if you post in the tech support section you'll likely get even more help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.