Last Film You Saw

Yeah I was expecting a lot more from it, it was ok and I didn’t bail on it so it was a 5/10 just for originality and the hybrid bear.

Well its based on the first in a trilogy of books. Don't think I will bother with the rest if they make them.

I think this year has seen some exceptional films. I have recently seen Phantom Thread, The Shape of Water, Three Bilboards, and The Mercy.
Each one, for me, could go into my list of top 20 films.
On the subject though, I have just finished watching the original of 'The Italian Job'. So that is the last film I saw.
Now don't get me wrong, Michael Caine is ok, as, obviously are many older films. Get Carter is a cracking film for example, but lets be honest, if viewed objectively, TIJ is absolute garbage. I admit I had never watched the whole film through before tonight, and I won't be watching it again. Some films stand the test of time, TIJ doesn't and I suspect it was probably shit even in it's time.

Your opinion about The Italian Job doesn't matter as you think The Shape of Water is a good film.

Bombshell - the Hedy Lamarr Story is fascinating. Brooks wanted her to play Lili von Schtupp in Blazing Saddles but she didn't get the joke. A naughty bit of #metoo stuff from Brooks as well but I hope he was joking.

But her invention of frequency hopping means you're reading this!

The Square is very odd, and long. Too odd and too long.

Bombshell - the Hedy Lamarr Story is fascinating. Brooks wanted her to play Lili von Schtupp in Blazing Saddles but she didn't get the joke. A naughty bit of #metoo stuff from Brooks as well but I hope he was joking.

But her invention of frequency hopping means you're reading this!

The Square is very odd, and long. Too odd and too long.
Your opinion about The Italian Job doesn't matter as you think The Shape of Water is a good film.
So did a lot of other people, obviously.

Richard Prior was supposed to play Bart(or so I read once upon a time) "Dare I say It" "Dare, Dare" The only time i think another actor at Wilder's side could have done it better than Prior was in this film.

Blazing Sadles, Silver Streak and Stir Crazy...The only VHS with DO NOT TAPE OVER on in my collection

The screenplay was written by him and Brooks, he was replaced as he burned his face off freebasing.... you can see the part was meant for him though..

I read Wilders autobiography years ago, couldn’t believe the pair weren’t friends off screen, especially with there own screen chemistry!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.